I need #@$%& permission?!!?

BlackScarletLove

I just got windows 7, and on a great many files and folders I try to access, move, or delete, it tells me that I don't have permission. Sometimes it tells me that I need to access the security tab for the particular file. Sometimes I have to try and change the permissions for the parent folder. Pretty much everything involves going into properties then two or 3 sub menus for each thing I want to access and delete. What total garbage! XP actually let me do what I want with my files. I am the owner and administrator, how do I get global 'permission' from whatever dictatorial entity is denying me access to my own computer? It's not practical to jump though tons of hoops for each file or folder I want to be allowed to modify. is there a way to turn off permission restrictions completely and finally for everything all at once? I have disabled UAC in control panel, that does not help.

I run on the built in admin account and have zero prompts for anything.

Are these files and folders ones that were transfered from a old system?

Did you do a upgrade from a older version of Windows to 7?

Those are the only times I've run into that issue where I had to give myself powers to delete etc

well, i seem to

What I do during install is create an account with some name other than mine as I will delete that account after install.

After install I go into group policy and rename Administrator account to my name.

I then enable adminstrator account and I then have full admin in my name.

I then delete the account created during install.

You have to have pro edition or higher of Win 7 to do this as lower editions do not have group policy.

You can still enable the built in admin account in lower editions (through command prompt) but you can not rename it to your name.

Win 8 starts at pro edition and includes group policy.

Attachments

• admins.JPG
    admins.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 136
interesting. i might try that. i have win 7 ultimate. the only thing i dont understand is renaming it to 'your name' what do you mean by this? I just have an account name and a computer name.

Look at the pic I attached where I blanked out my name.

What you do is after install change that entry to the name you want then after that you enable the administrator account.

You have to rename first before enabling administrator account.

After that just go to user accounts and delete the account you created during install or just leave it there.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back