I need help

tinymonkey

OSNN Addict
HELP ME!!! I use Kazaa for my file sharing needs, but I think I got hacked or something. I get about 130 "Illegal" files that are probably all viruses, I deleted them and in an hour or two they are back. I tried a system restore but no luck, and I really dont know how to go about reformating my computer. Anyone got any ideas??

And Mods, I'm sorry for putting this in the wrong forum the first time.
I figured this would be the best place.

My guess would be that you have the Benjamin worm.

1) search the forums for kazaa (search button is top right) there you find in depth discussion of Benjamin

2) there are alot of tools out there that will detect and/or remove it. Do a google search for Benjamin worm

K I HAVE A MUCH BIGGER PROBLEM CALLED A......
TROJAN!!!
I NEED HELP AND FAST!!!
WHAT SHOULD I DO!?!?!?
PLEASE HELP!!

Check out the virus library at mcafee's site here http://vil.mcafee.com/default.asp? and search for the virus you have, assuming you've been told the name of it by whatever proggy you have, you'll also find removal instructions on it.

hey thx guys put i went onto my dad's computer and came to the site and did a search and found my EXACT problem....it was this:
http://www.xp-erience.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13898&highlight=trojan
I think i got it fixed but you never know. im currently doing a full computer scan with 3 different antivirus systems (probably a little overboard but better safe than sorry)
thanks for your time and trying to help me
thanks agian,
tiny

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back