I need help with windows xp

S

ssj4conejo

I'm no newbie, but the thing is i was surfing and i landed on xpmania's site in which there was 20 facts about winxp. ONe of them was that you can lock your xp desktop by pressing windows key + l. NOw everytime i restart instead of seeing the icons of each user that are clickable i see a windows 98 type login were you have to put in your name and password if any. Has anyone been through this, please tell me how to make it go back to normal. THanks, for your time

Control panel->user accounts->change way users log on or off

i tried that

Its already tried it, uset he welcome screen is checked but it keeps doing it. try presing the windows key and l
see what happens.

lock desktop option: 'display properties' > 'desktop' tab > 'customize desktop...' button > 'web' tab

hope that's it. }:>

NOt yet

Try yourselves pressing the windows key and L and see if you have the same problem when you restart.

When I press the WIN key and L. I get my login screen with 3 users to pick from.........

:)

you know I should have read this thread all the way through, cause I pushed the win + L key and it did what famine said. now the problem is if I reboot and it does what ssj4conejo says I'm going to be pissed!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK.... Im not 100% sure what ssj4conejo is talking about.

If you want WinXp to boot into windows without having to login there are three ways that I know of.

1. Cant remember where its at, but theres a setting in Win Xp somewhere... Not much help there.:D

2. Get tweakXP and there is a setting in it to auto log you on. You never see the login screen. You go right into windows......

3. Format.....

Hope this is what you are looking for.... I will hunt around in XP and see if I cant find that setting !!!!

:cool:

Originally posted by Famine

If you want WinXp to boot into windows without having to login there are three ways that I know of.

1. Cant remember where its at, but theres a setting in Win Xp somewhere... Not much help there.:D

LMAO that's outstanding :D

thanks I needed that :D

THanks GUys

Thankyou so much for your support. None of your methods work but i tried this i'll describe in case someone else runs into this problem. Just use stylexp and apply a stylexp and apply a different style. LOL it was just that, it fixed it now i can see the list of log-in names with a picture next to them.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back