I need help with my network

A large company can often use static IP because of the post office metafor you used. The admin wants to be able to know where a computer is based on it's IP (192.168.0.{2,100} is economy, 192.168.0.{101,200} is sales and so on). Sometimes as easy as computer no 15 in sales should have 192.168.0.215. Just and example. :)

But, if you have a smaller network, like a home network or small office, there's really no point in knowing this. The computers are so close together that you can access them locally, or if you access them over a network you can use their DNS or NetBIOS name instead of IP. In this case, DHCP is very nice and easy to use, since it mostly requires NO configuration whatsoever. Just "plug-n-play", but for real. ;) I use DHCP whenever I can because I never need to find if an IP is free before I use it. DHCP does it for me.

SmokingWeed3000: You have to check the box about allowing people to write to files on you share. It's in the share dialog.

yes it should mean that
but mine doesnt say that
but i can go in any and every folder
and found that it was just those 2 problems
i got only go in c:\folder and no farther i couldnt go c:\folder\box it wouldnt let me go any deeper

bucko, its really easy, just connect everything to the router and u should be done and if u have problems come here and post em, the people on these forums are really nice.

i have 2 laptops in my network and I dont have any problems.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back