I need help with Denting Icons

P

PC-Dude

I have a problem creating Dented icons, attached is a pic of 2 icons, the Photoshop icon is the one I downloaded and the other is one I made however the dent doesn’t look as dark on mine as is does the other. Please tell me what you think I’m doing wrong? Thanks

you are using Gif Movie Gear For Icons, right? That happens sometimes when using that program. Simple select all of the icons sizes, and drag them into Gif Movie Gear For Icons. That should fix it. :)

Originally posted by o_87
you are using Gif Movie Gear For Icons, right? That happens sometimes when using that program. Simple select all of the icons sizes, and drag them into Gif Movie Gear For Icons. That should fix it. :)

Nope sorry that didn't help and I followed the tutorial in the forum step by step and still the same thing.

I've been at it all day and can't find what is going wrong.....the icon looks good in GMGI but when I save as icon it looks crappy. I'm going to offically give it up and face the fact that I don't know how to do it right. :(

But thanks for trying to help thou, greatly appreciated

I was the one who wrote the tutorial... so let me give u one more thing you can try...

once u drag them into GMG, select all of them and then save it as an icon.

OK I have found the prob...take a look at the save as dialog on PS and see ...cuz that's the settings that work for me. Only thing is now in the crease of the dent i get a thin broken red line. But atleast I got the dent to come out right.

I had to uncheck layers on the attached pic, and then the dent was right.

try saving the PSD with layers and open it up in GMG. You should then see a Dialog box in GMG askin gyou how to open up the PSD. Choose 'Open in one composite layer". Then select all of the sizes and save as icon. hopefully this works..

try saving the PSD with layers and open it up in GMG. You should then see a Dialog box in GMG askin gyou how to open up the PSD. Choose 'Open in one composite layer". Then select all of the sizes and save as icon. hopefully this works..

I've got it working now...thanks for your help :)

I had to save without layers to get it right......not sure why it's the opposite...but it works that's the main thing. :)

Also thanks for your tutorial and templates...great stuff

hehe, thanks :D thats why I made them so people can make thier own stuff :D

yep saw it in the desktop thread dude :D

Yeah sorry about posting about it twice I got a dns error and I didn't think it went thru so I posted it on the other thread.

Thanks for your help and your website.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back