I need help installing XP SP1

P

PlagueWielder

Hey
Im having problems installing XP service pack 1.
I have tried both the express install and the regular download and none of worked.

I have XP PRO, and I also tried the solution with cryotographic and it didnt
work.

Oh, and I think its a corporate version cause I didnt have to activate it (no I didnt get it off kazaa or something).

Any ideas??

Thanks

what exactly are your problems. It would help if you give the exact error the installation gives you :)

Hey
I tried it again and I got this message "Your CD Key is invalid"

What should I do??

thanks

once again, I know it looks like I got it off kazaa but I didnt, my computer technician gave it to me.

lol ...i could tell you but i'd get a stern talking too :)

just phome MS and ask for a good key!!

it sure does look like a kazaa downloaded version ;) But if you say its not then i believe you. You are using a illegal cd-key thats why sp1 wont install. the key you probably used starts with fckgw. You need to get yourself a legit key and change the existing key with the new one. Then te install of sp1 is a breeze

would I be able to install SP 1 with the new key?

how did u know??

I really got it off my computer technician (well, not any more).

how did i know the cd-key you used? Its the Devils-One used on all the illegal copy's of xp. and the only blacklisted serial in sp1. any other serial will let you install sp1.

cool, i didnt know that

can i just call mircrosoft and tell them that I need a new cd key, or do i have to tell them that I canged a hardware part?

i dont know what they say when you call M$, never done it ;)
But i think that if they are goinna give you a new key the gonna aks lots of questions...

check yr pm boxes, both

this thread is kinda popular and I only started it about 20 minutes ago (i think)

i got a legal copy of XP home.. !!!!!!!!!!!! (but i dont use it cus i like me corp pro :eek: )

i have a legal copy of xp home too, but i got it for $30.

Originally posted by SmokingWeed3000
i have a legal copy of xp home too, but i got it for $30.

I got it for free from Microsoft (legal of course). :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back