I need an app to make partitions in windows xp.

S

Spanko

^^topic

Basically i have one 36gb drive as one partition with winxp on it, and i have like 26 gigs free, and i want to make a 6gb ntfs partition without messing up the current stuff. umm Freeware is preferred unless theres a shareware that will let me do it...

I have used Ranish Partition Manager as part of my IT studies. It simply creates partitions on your hard drive. And it does wipe your data off while partitioning but if you back up your data, you would be right.

Try using the XP cd and when you arrive at formatting partitioning and reinstalling , just abort at the last stage and reboot.
Should work.

Originally posted by RogerPhillis
Try using the XP cd and when you arrive at formatting partitioning and reinstalling , just abort at the last stage and reboot.
Should work.

That won't work. You will have no operating system when finished. Setup will wipe out all data on the drive when you divide the only partition.

Best bet would be in my opinion to backup all data and start from the beginning. Since only 10 gb are used on the drive that should be easily manageable. Means burning about ten cds. You won't have to backup XP, System Restore folder,and programs you already have on cd.
You should backup important data even if you use Partition Magic, anyway.

i cant back anything up, i dont have a cd burner i had to RMA it:mad: :mad: :mad:

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back