I need advice on new PC.

G

Gouk

Ok I am getting a Custom made PC from Aria Technologies. and here is what I am going to get:

AMD Athlon XP 1900 (1.60GHz)
Abit KR7A 133
CyberTech Midi ATX with 350W PSU
512Mb DDR-RAM
120Gb Maxtor D540X ATA133/5400
3 1/2 Floppy :)
16x Pioneer DVD-ROM
40x40x12x PlexWriter
Creative SB Audigy Player OEM

I am gonna use some parts from the PC I have now such as the graphics card, the 40Gb Maxtor as the Master, the network card and modem and the gfx card.

So whats your advice on these specs?

Thank you very much for any advice :)

definatly build it urself. so much cheaper and you get a nice feeling knowing you did it urself

Ok so what about the actual parts then like the processor, ram, dvd-rom, cd-writer?

Can anyone give advice on them as to whether they are any good or not?

AMD Athlon XP 1900 (1.60GHz) - GREAT CHOICE AMD ROCKS

Abit KR7A - KINDA LIKE ASUS BETTER. TRY THE A7V266 OR A7V333 BOARDS

CyberTech Midi ATX with 350W PSU - ALWAYS PLAN FOR EXPANSION IS CASE BIG ENOUGH. MAYBE 400W PSU

512Mb DDR-RAM - GOOD CHOICE. CORSAIR IS THE BEST

120Gb Maxtor D540X ATA133/5400 - FIRST OFF NEVER LIKED MAXTOR. THE DRIVES DIE OFTEN. SECOND WITH A FAST COMPUTER Y A 5400RPM. GET A 7200. IT ISNT THAT MUCH MORE AND A HUGE DIFFERENCE YOU WILL SEE IN PERFORMANCE BOOT TIME AND OVERALL USE

3 1/2 Floppy - DO YOU EVEN NEED ONE. I DONT

16x Pioneer DVD-ROM - PIONEER OR CREATIVE

40x40x12x PlexWriter - Y BOTHER WITH PLEXTOR - LITEON IS JUST AS GOOD AND MUCH MUCH CHEAPER. BEEN USING THEM FOR 3 YEARS NOW AND NOT ONE SINGLE SCREWED UP CD EVER. 70 BUCKS FOR SAME DRIVE BY LITEON

Creative SB Audigy Player OEM - GREAT CARD

The DVD-ROM drive is Pioneer as I specified previously :)

Check out the pic of the case below and lemme know what ya think and its only £28.

Also why is Asus better than the Abit?

Also with CD-Writers I only trust Yamaha and Plextor. LiteOn are definatley not as good as the Yamaha and Plextor. Its like comparing Asus to Abit :) or AMD to Pentium :D The other two give better burns and last longer. My Yamaha has seen over 1900 burns and is 2 years old I think and it stills rocks

rust me with the liteon. i go thru 100cd's a week. never once did it crap out. lite on isthe best drive ever made. but why is asus better than abit?? if your concerned with names like the cd burner for one, asus is a much better name. if you ever plan to do overclocking, asus is a better board, allowing you to do what you want without physical modifications that other boards need. asus is a relaible board with no problems. also asus has been rated (a7v266 and a7v333) the fastest motherboards on the market for a few reasons. just look up reviews on them. also i couldnt tell from the pic but is that case aluminum or plastic? with an athlon xp 1900+ id be going with an aluminum case. transfers the heat to the outside better therefore keeping your case cooler and cpu cooler. AMD chips run hot. i had all my stuff in a palstic case and my cpu was running 150f @ idle. aluminum with a case fan is @ 106f. huge difference. for 68$ you cant beat this aluminum case

http://www.mpcparts.com/prodspecs/050134.asp
http://www.mpcparts.com/prodspecs/050136.asp

its at http://www.mpcparts.com

specs look good to me. hope you've got a good video card to go with that setup.

Buildin the comp urself u will save a bundle, i worked on the aria site and used the custom computer builder and it was gunna cost me 1047 instead of 670 specs goes as follows

Athlon Xp 1900 @ 1.8ghz
128mb 8500LE Redeon
Abit kr7a-133 DDR
256mb ddr ram
Coolmaster Heatsink
60gig western digital hd
guillmont muse XL soundcard
Freecom 24x cd-rw
creative DVD rom
19" Relisys monitor

Originally posted by Syrus
lol Tbird i told my mum that its a nice feeling building ur own comp and she looked at me really funny!

y's that? lol when you build it yourself and add in a whole mess of 120mm 131cfm fans, 80mm 80cfm fans and a heatsink fan thats 131cfm you got urself a computer louder than twin turbine engines fuled for a cross country flight. and yes im talking about my computer which will make you deaf in just under 12 minutes

but
its a 1.8ghz machine running an 1800+ overclocked at a temp of 102.2f or 39c

i got a water cooler on the way to oc it some more but i was really hoping to get it under 100f with jsut fans b4 i went to water. oh well. close enough

Originally posted by dijital
specs look good to me. hope you've got a good video card to go with that setup.

I;m gonna transfer over my GeForce 2 Ti which is good enough for me since I play games on my Dreamcast. GameCube, X-Box and PS2 :D

Yes I am a spoilt little brat :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back