I need a way to run DivX in Quicktime

L

Leo154

Is it possible to run DivX Avis in Quicktime 5 for Windows? I've searched for plugins or codecs but I'm not sure what I'm looking for. Please help.

i may be wrong ...but i dont think short of converting to .mov you can

Just outta interest, why would you need to run it in QT?

erm... coz I like to use QuickTime - it looks nice and I'm trying to boycott Microsoft (I don't know why) and I just thought of trying out all diffrent apps. Right now I''m using Phoenix instead of IE and I'm loving it... Trillian Pro instead of MSN. QCD instead of WMP or Winamp... I thought QuickTime would fit in, coz I'm watching my DivXs on WMP right now. The DiviX Playa 2.0 isn't very appealing....

Plus I like the Macy look of QuickTime...

So please help...

How do I convert?

Originally posted by Leo154
erm... coz I like to use QuickTime - it looks nice and I'm trying to boycott Microsoft (I don't know why) and I just thought of trying out all diffrent apps. Right now I''m using Phoenix instead of IE and I'm loving it... Trillian Pro instead of MSN. QCD instead of WMP or Winamp... I thought QuickTime would fit in, coz I'm watching my DivXs on WMP right now. The DiviX Playa 2.0 isn't very appealing....

Plus I like the Macy look of QuickTime...

So please help...

How do I convert?

Why not use DivX Player with the Mac DivX skin or the Aqua Player Skin?

yes... doodz I KNOW ABOUT SKINS....

i was wondering (as per topic title) if there is a way to run DIVx in QuickTime...

thanx though...

Then burpsters post is correct, you cannot play an .avi .divx in quicktime as it will not use directshow codecs that are required for such files to be decoded. A quicktime plugin is not current available. dood.

:(

too bad...

so how can i convert... i dont mind as long as the quality remains the same and it doesnt take long...

You could do avi to mov, though the quality would not be the same.

It's really hard to beat video encoded with Divx 5.0.2

Just wondering, but what don't you like about The Player (Divx) ?

It gives great visual quality vs WMP, though you can't always fast forward.

luna64, if you scroll up you will see why in one of my posts...

but I dont like the playa, its not so.... cool. Just something personal, I dont feel comforatable with it....

Hey is JetAudio skinable and can it play Divx?

Not that I don't like the Playa, just never used it. I am part of the Inmatrix team and am therefore heavily biased towards Zoom Player.

Yo EP, that's an awesome app (Zoom Player), but I must say there are an overly abundance of options/features. One of which is the skin option. I would like to change the skin to something else which is already downloaded and unzipped to it's skin directory. Drag and dropping simply won't adhere.

That would be a good improvement upon the newer versions. QCD allows that, much like Winamp (or double clicking it will do).

Once again, great player (way too many features for my liking, notwithstanding).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back