• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

I need a very simple program/script to do...

VenomXt

Blame me for the RAZR's
i have a shared network folder that has generated .txt files in it. I need a program/script to go to that network folder every 4 hours or so to copy the new .txt files in the shared folder and make a back up of the folder. Will need to run for weeks doing this generating a long list of these txt files. any ideas?

VenomXt

Blame me for the RAZR's
that what this is ;) except i have lots of random .txt files being made. Im copying the cookie folders off computers. so the xcopy command works great.

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
I think what Shamus really meant is in the time it took you to post you could have done it yourself... sometimes this is the case - we are just minions to feed the great beast that OSNN has become... oh dear I am getting weird again....

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
Shamus presented a viable option, nothing wrong with having choices :)

I just came across that article recently and have been using it since the switches that it talks about give a lot of functionality.

Overkill for what he needs? Maybe, but I have put it to good use.

Shamus MacNoob

Political User
I think what Shamus really meant is in the time it took you to post you could have done it yourself... sometimes this is the case - we are just minions to feed the great beast that OSNN has become... oh dear I am getting weird again....

Yes thats what I meant not so much feeding the threads thats cool but there are times when you need to use what is in your head not what someone else is doing for you, other wise you end up loosing whats in your head and become a slave to the all mighty god of google :lick:

VenomXt

Blame me for the RAZR's
*shrugs* sometimes im lazy.. and KCY likes to post... i mean um..... hehe.

Yah i probaly should of done the leg work but i do apreciate the help guys. When your doing 4 other projects literally at the same time its nice not to have to think too hard about the 5th one.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown