I lost a close friend today

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
I just recieved word, one of my childhood friends, we grew up together...since I was four years old, passed away today, at home, taking a shower...he had health issues and this happened from natural causes

we just had our high school reunion last week, he actually looked great there, he was trimming down, had a big smile on his face and a robust air about him, he was dancing with everyone and having a ball

anyone that has been a yankee fan through the years would know this guy

if you remember a few years back, when boggs was with the yankees, every game the camera would zoom into this guy in the stands, a round funny kid dancing as if he was a gift to the world

his antics and dance were even the subject of a david letterman...the day letterman had boggs on the air, letterman shows a video of my friend and says

"so what's the story with this guy"

boggs says something like;

"nobody knows"

his name was Leslie Cohen, a big heart, never ever hurt anyone, and as god will be my witness, I never once heard him talk anyone down...ever

back when everyone had fireworks for the fourth of july leslie, me and my other friends would actually have bottle rocket fights, lighting them up with "punks" while holding them and tossing them at each other, it seemed like leslie could out run our bottle rockets...we were pretty lucky they were easy to dodge because none of us ever got hit

believe it or not this was something we did on the fourth of july in far rockaway new york, we came from a rough bunch of parents and we were a rough bunch of kids

lesle always told us that when he became rich he would deposit a million dollars in each of our bank accounts...he meant it too.

check out this story;

we were driving home one night in leslie father's car, (back then we all used our parents car), and we were being loud, windows down, being obnoxous

so this guy pulls up to the light we're stopped, he gets out of his car, he is easily over 6' tall and a tough guy trying to show off for his date

he opens leslies door and pulls leslie out of the drivers seat

leslie bounds out from his seat as if he's on a spring when they guy pulls him out, he grabs this monster of a guy below the hips, picks him up and slams him on the ground, pins his arms with his knees and tells the goon he'd better watch who he starts fights with.

the rest of us didn't have time to get out of the car and leslie had it covered, nobody hurt though this guy surely wanted a brawl

leslie is only about 5'5"...never started a fight but you couldn't start a fight with him either

he was always on the move, loved life, loved hustling new deals, always a kind word for everyone

whenever we wanted to go to a yankee game we could calll leslie, he had some kind of celebrity status because he was such a recognized charachter, they always let us in without tickets if we were with lesly

I am gonna miss my friend

Leslie Cohen, rest easy, rest well.

Last edited:
Re: lost one of my best friends today

I am sorry for your loss. Stay strong Perris.

Sorry for your loss mate :(

My condolences, perris.

Sorry for your loss! Please remember the good things about him, tell people how he lived. Not how he died.

Sorry to hear this Perris. Always remember him. And if you go to a Yankees game within the next week maybe talk to them and see if they would put up his name on the scoreboard "in memory of". Would be a nice gesture.

I just recieved word, one of my childhood friends, we grew up together...since I was four years old, passed away today, in the shower...he had health issues and this happened from natural causes

we just had our highschool reunion last week, he actually looked great there, he was trimming down, had a big smile on his face

anyone that has been a yankee fan through the years would know this guy

if you remember a few years back, when boggs was with the yankees, every game the camera would zoom into this guy in the stands, a round funny kid dancing as if he was a gift to the world

his antics and dance were even the subject of a david letterman...the day letterman had bogs on the air, letterman shows a video of my friend and says

"so what's the story with this guy"

boggs says something like;

"nobody knows"

his name was Leslie Cohen, a big heart, never ever heart anyone, and as my god is witness, I never once heard him talk anyone down...ever

always said that when he became rich he would deposit a million dollars in each of our bank accounts...

back when everyone had fireworks for the fourth of july leslie, me and my other friends would actually have bottle rocket fights, lighting them up with "punks" while holding them and tossing them at each other

believe it or not this was a common activity in far rockaway new york, we came from a rough bunch of parents and we were a rough bunck of kids

he meant it too...he was always on the move, loved life, always a kind word for everyone

whenever we wanted to go to a yankee game we could calll leslie, he had some kind of celebrity status because he was such a recognized charachter, they always let us in without tickets if we were with lesly

I am gonna miss my friend

Leslie Cohen, rest easy, rest well.

God Bless you perris,

Leslie was very lucky to have a friend like you, using this sometimes scary internet to giving him a moving tribute. I'm sure he will be watching over you

kenneth [North Wales]

its sad to loose a freind but as long as you remember them they are with you.

Sorry to hear about your loose Perris

Sorry to hear about this, but thank you for sharing it with us.

Everyone should have such a lovely tribute to send him or her on the way ... nicely done. Thanks for sharing.

Sorry to hear of your loss Perris, but I think you are doing the right thing - remembering all the good times, rather than sitting around feeling badly.

So sorry to hear...life is hard sometimes, and things happen that shouldnt. My deepest condolences Perris!

Sorry to hear about your friend Perris. stay strong bud.

hey, check out these articles that were emailed to me by some of les's friends;

http://www.canarsiecourier.com/news/2006/0413/OtherNews/026.html

and this one in the post

http://www.nypost.com/seven/0401200...the_scenic_root_regionalnews_debbie_cohen.htm

amd another

http://www.timesledger.com/site/index.cfm?newsid=18605182&BRD=2676&PAG=461&dept_id=542415&rfi=8

cool

some of us are trying to get some kind of tribute going over at the stadium...I think we should all dress up like les did and do one of his dances whenever the yankees get a hit

/working on it

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back