I Live again!

W

War

ok people tell me what's your favourite movie quote of all time.. or possibly favourite Game quote...

"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain..."

There. The great and powerful Oz has spoken... :)

"Your suffering will be legendary...even in hell"
Pinhead in Hellraiser.

"Mother is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all children"

Brandon Lee - The Crow

"Evil is a point of view. God kills indiscriminately and so shall we. For no creatures under God are as we are, none so like him as ourselves."

Lestat (Tom Cruise)- Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles

One among soooo many

`Groovy...`
Ash from Evil Dead 2 and 3

And a close second

`I aint that good`

Ash again, before blowing his evil twin away in evil dead 3, in response to the taunt "goody little 2 shoes"

<Frank Herbert, "Chapterhouse: Dune">
Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes. Real boats rock.
</Frank Herbert, "Chapterhouse: Dune">

Gert-Jan

"I felt sorry for all the guys packing into gyms, trying to look like what Calvin Klein and Tommy Hilfiger said they should."

Jack (Edward Norton) in Fight Club

DeNiro

"This is this. This isn't something else, this is this."

From the Dear Hunter.

Don't remember where I got this quote from . . . "Never argue with an idiot, they will lower you to their level, and then beat you with experience." Ah, and one more, "Quote the Raven, Nevermore." - Edgar Allan Poe "The Raven"

well...

I don't mean to be picky, but it was "Quoth the raven", and it was Homer Simpson, not Poe.

errm

Nope I'm pretty sure that Edgar Allan Poe wrote `The Raven` Homer Simpson was reciting the poem that Poe wrote, I think it was in the very first Simpson Hallloween special.

Sorry to be picky :D

I'm pretty sure that Lisa actually mentions the poem was by Edgar Allan Poe. Also that quote was in `The Crow`.

Re: well...

Originally posted by dotbatman
I don't mean to be picky, but it was "Quoth the raven", and it was Homer Simpson, not Poe.

God I pray for this to be a joke

Re: Re: well...

Originally posted by Khayman

God I pray for this to be a joke

of course, man, jeez...:rolleyes: i know there are some pretty unbelievably stupid people, but i assure you i am only moderately stupid, and I knew Edgar A. Poe personally, so don't worry...

just a joke...

and krisatkins, for a fan of Douglas Adams, (who, incidentally, rents a room from me in my basement) you are not seeing the irony too clearly (not that I am up to Adams level, for sure).

just trying to lighten things up

another one

just remembered a quote I love, don't remember who said it, but he was American and apparently quite an individualist:

"When I hear the word 'government', I reach for my gun..."

"You could say the Ladies' Man is having a bad trip due to these crazy wang pills."
-The Ladies' Man

Well i though it was :) I had to be. Generally a good idea to put a :) at the end of a joke, especially if it *might* not be.

man that would have been funny if it wasn't :D would have kept me going till christmas

Originally posted by Khayman
Well i though it was :) I had to be. Generally a good idea to put a :) at the end of a joke, especially if it *might* not be.

man that would have been funny if it wasn't :D would have kept me going till christmas

if that wasn't a joke, you would have been justified in taking me out behind the shed and putting a .22 in my brain...

which reminds me of another quote, from the single best movie ever made, Miller's Crossing:

"It's like I tell my boys, always put one in the brain!"

I live again.

Film: "The Robe". Last scene. John Wayne as the centurion standing by the crucified Christ, and utters in that Texan drawl,
"Surely this was the son of God"
What a way to ruin a good film.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back