• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

I Live again!

W

War

ok people tell me what's your favourite movie quote of all time.. or possibly favourite Game quote...

Khayman

I'm sorry Hal...
Political User
"Evil is a point of view. God kills indiscriminately and so shall we. For no creatures under God are as we are, none so like him as ourselves."

Lestat (Tom Cruise)- Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles

One among soooo many

K

krisatkins

`Groovy...`
Ash from Evil Dead 2 and 3

And a close second

`I aint that good`

Ash again, before blowing his evil twin away in evil dead 3, in response to the taunt "goody little 2 shoes"

gajef

OSNN Addict
<Frank Herbert, "Chapterhouse: Dune">
Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes. Real boats rock.
</Frank Herbert, "Chapterhouse: Dune">

Gert-Jan

"I felt sorry for all the guys packing into gyms, trying to look like what Calvin Klein and Tommy Hilfiger said they should."

Jack (Edward Norton) in Fight Club

O

O_o

Don't remember where I got this quote from . . . "Never argue with an idiot, they will lower you to their level, and then beat you with experience." Ah, and one more, "Quote the Raven, Nevermore." - Edgar Allan Poe "The Raven"

D

dotbatman

well...

I don't mean to be picky, but it was "Quoth the raven", and it was Homer Simpson, not Poe.

K

krisatkins

errm

Nope I'm pretty sure that Edgar Allan Poe wrote `The Raven` Homer Simpson was reciting the poem that Poe wrote, I think it was in the very first Simpson Hallloween special.

Sorry to be picky :D

I'm pretty sure that Lisa actually mentions the poem was by Edgar Allan Poe. Also that quote was in `The Crow`.

D

dotbatman

Re: Re: well...

Originally posted by Khayman

God I pray for this to be a joke
of course, man, jeez...:rolleyes: i know there are some pretty unbelievably stupid people, but i assure you i am only moderately stupid, and I knew Edgar A. Poe personally, so don't worry...

just a joke...

and krisatkins, for a fan of Douglas Adams, (who, incidentally, rents a room from me in my basement) you are not seeing the irony too clearly (not that I am up to Adams level, for sure).

just trying to lighten things up

D

dotbatman

another one

just remembered a quote I love, don't remember who said it, but he was American and apparently quite an individualist:

"When I hear the word 'government', I reach for my gun..."

U

UofEEE

"You could say the Ladies' Man is having a bad trip due to these crazy wang pills."
-The Ladies' Man

Khayman

I'm sorry Hal...
Political User
Well i though it was :) I had to be. Generally a good idea to put a :) at the end of a joke, especially if it *might* not be.

man that would have been funny if it wasn't :D would have kept me going till christmas

D

dotbatman

Originally posted by Khayman
Well i though it was :) I had to be. Generally a good idea to put a :) at the end of a joke, especially if it *might* not be.

man that would have been funny if it wasn't :D would have kept me going till christmas
if that wasn't a joke, you would have been justified in taking me out behind the shed and putting a .22 in my brain...

which reminds me of another quote, from the single best movie ever made, Miller's Crossing:

"It's like I tell my boys, always put one in the brain!"

K

Kirrie2001

I live again.

Film: "The Robe". Last scene. John Wayne as the centurion standing by the crucified Christ, and utters in that Texan drawl,
"Surely this was the son of God"
What a way to ruin a good film.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ernestrojasn