I just installed longhorn and nothing seems too different!

S

SaintKaden

I just installed longhorn and It doesn't seem all that different cept for the animations on button mouseovers....

anything I can do to see the what new features this version holds... :confused:

In before the lock. :)

But seriously, how is it?, other than what you have posted.

well its got a side bar which "maybe its just me but" it seems rather useless...

and uhmm I like the blue hues a bit, I also like the panes that appear when a particular folder is opened, like My Pictures, etc...

I can't seem to be able to find much else though

Longhorn is not supposed to be out until 2005 sometime. So what you installed is not a "legal" version. I would be VERRY carful...

Or,

Do you mean the Longhorn "THEME"?

OK! lets be real ... Its a beta... we all know its a beta "for testing purposes only".

I was just wondeing if there were some hidden stuff that I might be able to check out, thats all

I'll leave this open for now as you are not asking where to get it or how to bypass activation, etc. You just seem to be interested in learning of new features that Longhorn may have when it is released. Just be careful in this conversation or the thread will have to be closed.

The Longhorn build you have is not even a beta as yet. It's a very early milestone build.

As of now, it's pretty much nothing more than XP with a few interface "enhancements." The WinFS file system seems to be present, but it's extremely buggy and causes a general slowdown, thus pretty much defeating it's purpose.

So there's pretty much nothing more than the changes in the UI as of now. As pointed out earlier, it's not due until 2005, so there's a lot that needs to be added.

In any case, here's a link you might want to take a look at:
http://www.winsupersite.com/reviews/longhorn_4015.asp

And regarding the legitimacy of this thread, I'm not going to lock it as long as it stays free of download links.

Originally posted by xsivforce
I'll leave this open for now as you are not asking where to get it or how to bypass activation, etc. You just seem to be interested in learning of new features that Longhorn may have when it is released. Just be careful in this conversation or the thread will have to be closed.

Hehe...you posted before I could type my looong reply :p

I remember poking around Windows 1.0 when I was about
5 years old:eek:
Playing games such as kings quest 3 and space quest.
Oh yea, the legendary Commander Keen!
Think they ran off DOS though:p

lol I still have my original box and diskettes for windows 3.1 with the eula paper and all ...... :D

SaintKaden .. u have 2GB of memory in ur pc? Wow .. what do u do in there? And how did u manage to squeeze in 2GB? 2 pieces of 1GB each?

Originally posted by Lockstock
I remember poking around Windows 1.0 when I was about
5 years old:eek:
Playing games such as kings quest 3 and space quest.
Oh yea, the legendary Commander Keen!
Think they ran off DOS though:p

Ooh...I remember King's Quest and Space Quest too! :D
Roger Wilco and the Latex babes of Estros...LOL :p

Wow, King's Quest. How many of those did they make... about 12? That game required some serious patience.

It sure did...and some ppl used to give up and use walkthroughs. What a waste! :rolleyes:

Originally posted by dreamworks
SaintKaden .. u have 2GB of memory in ur pc? Wow .. what do u do in there? And how did u manage to squeeze in 2GB? 2 pieces of 1GB each?

yah its 2 1gb modules, I'm a graphic designer and i do some gaming so that's that ;)

Longhorn
Longhorn name wasn't chosen randomly. Remember that Windows XP was code-named Whistler and the next version of Windows, at the time, was code-named Blackcomb. Both of these names come from ski areas in British Columbia, close to Microsoft's headquarters. At the foot of Whistler Mountain, there is a saloon named Longhorn that serves the local skiing population. So if you're ever in the area and want to take in some local color, Longhorn is a nice stop… after you're done with Whistler.

http://www.whistler-blackcomb.com/todo/dining/

http://www.longhornsaloon.ca/

Wow... Windows 1.0... Anyone who wants to private message me a link as to where I could take a look at this piece of anchient software?? I still have my 386/33 with 24mb ram running windows 3.11 for Workgroups.. I know... i know... it's anchient... but it's for nostalgia purposes only. I would love to take a look at 1.0, and 2.0

~Jake

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back