I heard that... - IE gets dropped.

C

Clean_Rich

I heard that...

IE is going bye-bye in the upcoming Windows version. Can anyone verify this?

uh... that wasn't a very intelligent question. IE controls 90% of all browsing. That would be pretty stupid, don't you think?

Originally posted by Un4gIvEn1
uh... that wasn't a very intelligent question. IE controls 90% of all browsing. That would be pretty stupid, don't you think?

Yeah, but IE is free or at least included in the OS. Have you ever heard of MSN 8? It costs $10 just to use with your own Internet connection. Maybe not such a stupid question after all eh? ;)

MSN 8 is dialup. MSN explorer is included with XP. It doesn't cost anything to use and it's basically just a supped up version of IE. As a matter of fact, that's exactly what it is.

MSN 8 is dialup. MSN explorer is included with XP. It doesn't cost anything to use and it's basically just a supped up version of IE. As a matter of fact, that's exactly what it is.

You may want to check your facts before you post. MSN 8 is for dialup or Broadband. MSN Explorer will be the last version of free MSN software. I have heard from a reliable source that IE will be a thing of the past in the next release of Windows. I'm just checking to see if anyone else has heard anything about this.

No... YOU might want to check your sources before you post. Maybe it's not "dialup" but it's a service, like AOL 8.0. There is a difference between a service and a program. Thank you.

...and if you are going to post such things, why not post some links to sites that confirm it? Oh, wait... there aren't any sites that confirm it because it's not going to happen. Maybe that's why you asked here... :rolleyes: The problem is that you are listening, but you aren't hearing.

...and if you are going to post such things, why not post some links to sites that confirm it? Oh, wait... there aren't any sites that confirm it because it's not going to happen. Maybe that's why you asked here... :rolleyes: The problem is that you are listening, but you aren't hearing.

Maybe I didn't hear it from a link. I work in the industry. I'm hearing just fine. Are you? :)

Well, I'm sorry, but noone I know that "works in the industry" would say something so unintelligent nor would any of them ever think of using MSN Explorer.

Oh quit bickering already...you both have posted valid facts. Searching for my archived news....will post links to prove both of you correct and incorrect. :p

Stop your b!tching, both of you.

Clean_Rich just wanted to confirm, query a rumour. there's no need to get all pissy over the issue.

Microsoft may well get rid of internet explorer in future operating systems, but they won't get rid of a free intergrated browser.

The rumour may also be victim to "chinese whispers" and they may have the option to choose if you want to install IE in the next o/s (a-la XP SP1)

If you continue to post in a flaming manner, i'll just delete the thread.

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
Stop your b!tching, both of you.

Clean_Rich just wanted to confirm, query a rumour. there's no need to get all pissy over the issue.

Microsoft may well get rid of internet explorer in future operating systems, but they won't get rid of a free intergrated browser.

The rumour may also be victim to "chinese whispers" and they may have the option to choose if you want to install IE in the next o/s (a-la XP SP1)

If you continue to post in a flaming manner, i'll just delete the thread.

SPeedY_B- I'm not getting pissy over the issue, I'm getting pissy when someone who doesn't know what he's talking about comes and hijacks my thread with his nonsense. I'm not trying to be a dick here but read through this thread again and see who was flame baiting from the get go. I posted a simple question in a friendly manner. I was just defending myself but with smilies all the way. Delete the thread and ban me if you like. Geez. :rolleyes:

I don't think you'll be banned for this. It takes more than that. :)

And I don't think they'll skip IE, it would be a really bad move. Especially since most of the system is built to use Explorer, it's not a standalone app anymore.

Oh and links always help. From either side.

Chillax people :D

Anyone want to continue the discussion? I personally believe that MS wouldn't remove their browsers from the OS. If IE is removed, something else will step in for sure ... perhaps MSN Explorer. ;)

Originally posted by NetRyder
Chillax people :D

Anyone want to continue the discussion? I personally believe that MS wouldn't remove their browsers from the OS. If IE is removed, something else will step in for sure ... perhaps MSN Explorer. ;)

I would tend to agree NetRyder that it seems like it may not be a good move to discontinue IE. Think of the millions and millions of people that pay to use AOL and MSN though even though IE is free, sans an Internet connection. My work puts me in a position to hear things about the future of these matters, and I've heard that IE will indeed, not be included in the future version of Windows OS. It's not confirmed or anything but it came from a very reliable source who would be in a position to know. I believe that MS is trying to push people towards using MSN software as opposed to using IE. Things seem to be moving that direction so it wouldn't be too suprising to me if they ditched IE. I personally would never use MSN and never have. I use IE exclusively and always have. I'm not opposed to debate but I don't like it when people who don't know what they're talking about on a certain issue feel the need say my question is stupid. I wouldn't even bring this issue up if I didn't think it had any validity. I believe the possibility it very real. All respectful opinions and information is welcome on this issue.

From what I've heard Longhorn will be the last version of windows that IE is a part of. Supposedly MS has finally admitted that having a web browser so tightly ingrained into the OS is a big security risk. But obviously MS will have a replacement for IE ready when the time comes.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back