i have the same pop up often, on AOL

V

vadislav

i have spybot. outpost firewall. norton anti-virus. i think there is spyware on my PC. should i get a pop up stopper. which one is best for AOL? btw it come's over instant message.
thank's

Does it come over an instant messenger or over the
"messenger service"?

If it's coming from the messenger service go into your services (run- services.msc) and turn off the messenger service.

Try disabling pop ups in the options of AOl 8.0. I know they can stop ads and stuff!

Originally posted by neoterixx
Try disabling pop ups in the options of AOl 8.0. I know they can stop ads and stuff!

you'll find the option in
preferences / marketing / popups

Originally posted by TwoZigzagColt45
you'll find the option in
preferences / marketing / popups
i already had pop-up's off on AOL. i got them anyway. i turned off messenger service. hope this stop's them.
thank's

Originally posted by vadislav
i already had pop-up's off on AOL. i got them anyway. i turned off messenger service. hope this stop's them.
thank's
it didn't work. anyone with any idea's?

next time the ad pops up take a screen shot of it and post it here, then maybe we can be of more help once we see it.

Originally posted by rettahc
next time the ad pops up take a screen shot of it and post it here, then maybe we can be of more help once we see it.
i don't know what a screen shot is. it say's messenger service at the top, in a blue band across the top of the pop up. the rest of the box is biege. it look's like an official MSN box. but i doubt that it is. i get ad's for all sort's of goofy stuff.
thank's

sounds just like Messenger Service... the thing that you said you disabled... are you sure you disabled it or did you just put it to manual or what? btw a screen shot is when you hit the print screen on your keyboard and then open up an image editor and press paste and then there's an image of your screen at the time you pressed print screen. so do that next time...

Okay you need to shut down the messenger service.

start menu
run
services.msc
scroll down to 'messenger service'
double click it
change the startup type to disabled.

i tried it again on the run-messenger.msc. on extended, and standard, i disabled it. + turned it off. it was on automatic. i changed it to manual, then disabled. on automatic, i think it was resetting itself. it said a bunch of thing's relie on each other. i hope i didn't mess myself up.
thank's

Originally posted by fubarshibby
sounds just like Messenger Service... the thing that you said you disabled... are you sure you disabled it or did you just put it to manual or what? btw a screen shot is when you hit the print screen on your keyboard and then open up an image editor and press paste and then there's an image of your screen at the time you pressed print screen. so do that next time...
please forgive my lack of knowledge. what is an image editor?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back