I have the Need for Speed

• Thread starter Code_Cutter
  • Start date
C

Code_Cutter

Can anyone please tell me if Need for Speed High Stakes is compatable with XP?
I thought I'd pull it off the shelf and try to install it just for old times sake but ran into some difficulties. After doing a full install and attempting to run the game a message box soon appears with 'Need For Speed for win 32 has encountered a problem and needs to close'. I have tried different compatability modes but with no success.
Any advise on this matter would be appreciated:)

It might, but if it doesn't, you can always try "compatablility mode" :)

Yeah tried that Thanks, looks like its destined to sit ont he shelf for ever more!

as far as i know, NFS3 and NFS4:HS are NOT compatible with XP. i tried installing both and got "X is not a valid Win32 application", no matter what compatibility mode i'm in. i'm pretty sure i've seen threads here before (it could have been on another board, tho) that state the same, although there are a select few who claim they can get both to work just fine.

im running windows XP pro and i have high stakes running fine!!

I tried getting it to work, and I couldn't...could be my scratched cd though..

no it is not it to old of a game and was made before XP was made :(

Try downloading a patch for the game. Maybe the latest patch will make it XP compatible.

NFS4 High Stakes works fine for me on XP Pro with nothing but the cd installation. If it's not working then I would most likely look to the graphics card, XP compatibility or driver updates.

If the install goes through with no problems and you get an error when trying to start the game or while playing the game then I doubt it's because of the operating system alone.

Code_Cutter...did you install the game with any antivirus programs enabled ??

Cause if you did i would uninstal the game, disable the antivirus program and then reinstall it again!

Need for Speed: Porsche Unleashed works only in compatibility mode in XP Pro ... but it works! :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back