• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

I have the Need for Speed

C

Code_Cutter

Can anyone please tell me if Need for Speed High Stakes is compatable with XP?
I thought I'd pull it off the shelf and try to install it just for old times sake but ran into some difficulties. After doing a full install and attempting to run the game a message box soon appears with 'Need For Speed for win 32 has encountered a problem and needs to close'. I have tried different compatability modes but with no success.
Any advise on this matter would be appreciated:)

C

Code_Cutter

Yeah tried that Thanks, looks like its destined to sit ont he shelf for ever more!

J

jawshoouh

as far as i know, NFS3 and NFS4:HS are NOT compatible with XP. i tried installing both and got "X is not a valid Win32 application", no matter what compatibility mode i'm in. i'm pretty sure i've seen threads here before (it could have been on another board, tho) that state the same, although there are a select few who claim they can get both to work just fine.

B

B~B

NFS4 High Stakes works fine for me on XP Pro with nothing but the cd installation. If it's not working then I would most likely look to the graphics card, XP compatibility or driver updates.

If the install goes through with no problems and you get an error when trying to start the game or while playing the game then I doubt it's because of the operating system alone.

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
Code_Cutter...did you install the game with any antivirus programs enabled ??

Cause if you did i would uninstal the game, disable the antivirus program and then reinstall it again!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ernestrojasn