I have some pretty hot parts :(

zeke_mo

(value not set)
Staff member
Political Access
Looks like my computer is getting pretty hot :dead:

My computer kept crashing so I thought I would start a temp log while I played some games...I think I now know why. Do those temps look bad enough to crash my comp? Any Ideas would be great :)

Attachments

• Eventlog.txt
    39.2 KB · Views: 112
Kinda hard to make out what goes for what as the heading do not line up with the numbers.

From what I can make out your CPU and board are ok as far as temps.

It appears your video card hit 92º C. which would be 197º F. so maybe that is what the problem is.

the order is CPU Mobo GPU 1 GPU 2

Thats what I was thinking. One of my video cards has a so/so fan that it came with, I think I'll have to call BFG and see if they will send me a new HSF for my card.

you should worry about your GPU if it gets over 120C while playing games. Though they're designed to run without issue upto 300C you will notice artifacts and crashes after 120-150C

Your cpu touching on 60 is more likely the problem speed up the fan or get a better cooler to keep it <55C if possible

I think I figured it out, I had my computer running all day and it got lots of hot air in it and the air never really left. I just shut it down for 30mins or so and it seems to have helped a lot, I guess you cant leave a sli computer going all the time :s

Your CPU topped out at 61c That's pretty warm. What CPU you have again?

I have a 3500+ 0.13 µm. I think I just have a bad fan setup going, I'll just have to cut some holes :smoker:

Zeke, how much did you pay for you sli system in total.

I looking at getting the ATI one as it seems pretty awesome. Do you see much of a performance increase graphics wise?

ATi doesnt offer SLi its nvidia only. I think mobo and two video cards came out to about 1000. I have sold a few of my older parts to help pay for it so I didnt end up paying all 1000 of it. I think the increase is amazing. It doubled my 3dmark05 score; if 3dm05 was a game I could play it :). If you have the $ its worth it but if not then I would just get an 6800 Ultra and wait for your next upgrade

zeke_mo said:
I have a 3500+ 0.13 µm. I think I just have a bad fan setup going, I'll just have to cut some holes :smoker:

Max temp for those is 70c and this is directly from AMD. I have the same CPU and mine since I have OCed it goes a touch on the warm side. Idle at about 46c to 48c on a cool/normal day. But these days have been a bit warmer and it is sittin at 49c and 50c, once or twice peakin at 51c. I haven't played any games rite now because it was so warm. Now I have the side panel removed from my machine.

You might want to check to see if too much dust has accumulated on the HSF or on the HS. Also pull the Mem sticks out and reinsert them, maybe you have a loose connection? Pull the HS off the CPU and clean it and apply/reapply some Arctic Silver. Check all yer other fans (intake and exhaust) see if they izz not overly covered in dust or if they izz slowin down. Or just pull the side panel off and run it that way for a while and see if the temps drop. Plus you are in Placerville, man that's like boiler room central. :p

All of california is hot right now, its funny just 3 weeks ago I was begging for the warm weather to come cause I was sick of the rain. Now I wish it was winter again! Zeke, You should try getting a higher CFM fan, that TMD fan you have isnt the highest speed in the world.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back