I have an undeletable folder! Help!

T

TBone

Alright, I am not new to computers, but this has left my stumped and frusturated. I can move the folder, put things in it, take things out of it, but I can't delete it. I have used special software, tried to delete it in DOS, and just about everything else I can think of, but I cannot delete the folder.

Any ideas?

If you think it's a virus, I have Kaspersky Anti-Virus and 2 seperate trojan scanners, and I rarely download from a non-trusted source.

Thanks in advance,

T Bone:huh:

Is deleting it in DOS as effective as deleting it in Safe Mode? I assume you've tried this, but since it wasn't listed, I figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

Good luck with a resolution :)

yep, give safe mode a chance, it might get rid of it,

cool.gif

whats the folder name and what operating system are you running... ??

Windows XP Professional w/ SP1 (Here is screenshot with foldername) there is actually more than one I can't delete, but it is an identical problem.

Thanks in advance,

T Bone

Just tried that, no luck...

screenshot2.jpg

Anyone other ideas + thanks in advance,

T Bone

is there anything in the folder?? delete the files in there first, then delete the folder

cool.gif

It's totally empty, but look at this, when I went to properties, it has none....

screenshot3.jpg

try this... shut down your computer... trun it completely off then wait a few seconds and turn it back on... it should be gone. try it

Killer, tried that too, yah I think I'm gonna agree with Ice, it's not to big of a deal, I was just wondering if anyone knew something I didn't, guess its just a fluke, well thanks for all your tips...

T Bone

another question... are you showing all the files including hidden ones ??

dammit... i am dying to know why this folder wont delete... format and reinstall... no, only kidding

In windows open a prompt window (dos) then navigate to where the folder is. Now open task manager\processes & close 'explorer'. Leave task manager open. Now back to the prompt window & type rd (name of folder.) Press enter. Go to task manager\applications & start explorer again. It should now be gone.

Also, try running a good scandisk/chkdsk on your box--set it up to run the next time you boot.

Normally, if you get that error message (in my experience), then its already gone, but that window view is not refreshed.

If you have rebooted and still show something there that is not, then you may have HD errors--structural, not necessarily physical.

Have a run at it let us know, thanks! :)

Tried both of those, no luck.

I used Scan Disk by right clicking on my hard drive and going to Properties and then Tools and then checking for errors is that correct?

If so, it found no problems, and... didn't work.

T Bone

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back