I have a Virus on my PC

XpGuy1

Mindless Poster
I have a trojan backdoor virus and when avg shows me the location of the dll fille i can't get to it cause its hidden.. I've run AVG several times the virus only shows up after reboot. during normal virus scan it doesn't show up.

Anyone know how i can get rid of this?

Thanks,

YEah.. i've had it for about a week now and my last update on AVG was about a week too.

also what is the name it come up with? please dont say prorat :s

Panda seems to be a good on-line scanner, running it now, I aint heard a bad thing about panda antivirus, I might buy it when Norton is past it's use by date.

It's currently scanning every drive and every file connected to my PC, makes me think if it is worth buying antivirus solutions with all this on-line scanning for free. :)

If it is what henydude says, then try here.

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/backdoor.prorat.html

Panda is good. i used it a while back i like avg though its really good and its not hard to use either..

no dont use symantec site, i just had prorat + that site is crap :p if it is prorat i will help, but there are like 1,000's on trogans. also on a side note i did online scans, they were all crap ;)

Try the Panda one....the prorat was for information really, myself I aint ever had a virus, ever. I got a couple in my e-mail once but suing mailwasher pro it only downloads header's so I got rid of it without downloading them.
Let me add I downloaded a file which had a trojan init on scanning download norton told me it had deleted it as it had a trojan in it.

So 1 trojan,
no virri
plenty of yee old spyware in varoius names and guises.

If the virus is in a system restore point, turn it off and then turn it back on, this will remove all restore points and remove the file.

j79zlr said:
If the virus is in a system restore point, turn it off and then turn it back on, this will remove all restore points and remove the file.

good idea, myself system restore is always off, most of the time it don't work, so i find it pointless neway.

XpGuy1 said:
I have a trojan backdoor virus and when avg shows me the location of the dll fille i can't get to it cause its hidden..
Silly question but do you have XP set to show hidden files/folders? Also what is the trojans name?

Lee said:
good idea, myself system restore is always off, most of the time it don't work, so i find it pointless neway.

so true, the only times i've needed to used it it hasn't worked :rolleyes:

I think it depends on what you've done. It's worked 9/10 times for me.
The only time it didn't work was when there was a change made to the registry. Duno what happened exactly.

It saved my **** before (only time i've used it) when i borked my ATi drivers and kept getting BSOD's :)

no it doesn't ;) it will remove the entire program, but did sod all when i tried it :p

ok not sure if this was covered but everytime I have had a virus or someone I know has had one they do the same scan the computer and it says clear or sometihng but when they restart it pops back up...

the first thing I always tell them is to look in their processes to see if there is something that is fishy or doesn't seem to fit. I tell them to turn off everything except the essentials...after that I have them look in the startup registry stuff like local machine/...run...ya know

I tell them to kill off everything there that looks fishy not the programs that normally run like in processes where you kill off as much as you can

When that is done I tell them to run their virus scanner again and usually that gets rid of them because if you don't stop the process or kill of the registry keys it will always pop up when you restart or ithe virus scanner won't delete it cause it's still running...

XpGuy If you are still having problems look for me on AIM until like 9 then I go out to get drunk so will not be very useful...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back