I Have A Problem

R

rgiord54

I have a friend that upgraded to Win Xp Pro. When he is useing IE 6, it loads a page with no problem, but when he loads a sub like it comes up with a web page cannot be found or its just hangs there. If I send him a e-mail with a link in it, he cannot open a window. I put netscape in there and it works fine. Nothing was change when he upgraded from windows 98. Can anyone help me, I know its in IE 6 some where but can't find it.
:confused:

MAKE SURE HE DOESNT SELECT DETECT NETWORK SETTINGS OTHERWISE IT WONT WORK.
BRING UP IE6 WINDOW > TOOLS > INTERNET OPTIONS > CONNECTION > LAN SETTINGS AND UNCHECK "DETECT NETWORK SETTINGS" .
THIS MIGHT FIX THE PROBLEM'

IE 6

I tryied re-installing it. Nothing works, any more ideas?:(

I would try doing a fresh clean install of Win XP. I've never seen an upgrade that worked, and I have tried it about 20 times with all the paths. I know its a pain but in the end the system will be faster and more stable.

Try it I hope this helps

IE6

I had the same type of trouble with it. IE had a window with a picture of my desktop, and I could not erase it. the windows didn't even have an X in the corner or options.

I would make sure that you have all of the downloads from the Microsoft website. And the other guy was right, there are many unexplained upgrade problems.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back