I hate my job

I like my job also. When I get my degree I will like it even more ...

I bet your jobs haven't resulted in an 11 month old car with 43k miles on it

I bet your jobs haven't resulted in an 11 month old car with 43k miles on it

That is insane ... Wow!

My car is four years old and just past the 50,000 mile mark.

Last edited:
That's field work for you. When they told me I'd be working from home, setting my own hours and getting paid 30% more than my previous job I jumped at the chance. I guess money really doesn't buy happiness. Right now I just need something else, preferably someplace else. Job hunting sucks in a good economy. It sucks even more in a bad economy AND not being local.

I drove 30-60 miles each way for years. My job now is 4.6 miles from home :D

when I wasn't working from home I was driving over three hundred miles a week ..

That's field work for you. When they told me I'd be working from home, setting my own hours and getting paid 30% more than my previous job I jumped at the chance. I guess money really doesn't buy happiness. Right now I just need something else, preferably someplace else. Job hunting sucks in a good economy. It sucks even more in a bad economy AND not being local.

Umm, you're supposed to get mileage or a company car with a gasoline card if you are doing field work. You could try bringing it up with them since you've been there almost a year.

Also, I hope you itemized your taxes. That car expense is a massive write off. Also meals if you were away from your home office more than 4 hours at a time. Detailed records are required, but not necesarily receipts. Mileage and meal log books have occasionally been generated and post dated... Even if you did not itemize for last year you still can file an amended return to go for the business deductions. Don't forget apportioning home rent/mortgage for the space used for your home office, cell phone expenses, home computer/laptop, tools clothes, etc. Real companies usually provide all of the above but if your's doesn;t they are all legitimate business expenses. To reap the most up front look at expensing tools, computers in the first yuear of service vs depreciating them..

PS I killed a car driving to an inside job one year. 90 miles a day. I'll never do that again. My uncle did it for 20 years. He died poor shortly after retiring, all his money went to buy cars and gasoline.

I had no idea I could get a tax break for all of this. That makes me even more depressed.

I do get mileage, but its just not enough to justify destroying this car. The extra money helps, but at this rate the car will be in a graveyard someplace and I'll still owe 10k or more.

Today was a horrible day, I'm so close to quitting its scary. I am looking hard, but as I said before, no one hires out of town applicants. And Fargo isn't exactly a tech hot spot.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back