I Hate My Cdrw

L

loozer_kid_182

ok so why wont my cdrw still not work after ive installed this so called aspi layer and why does windows say its max write is 2 when its reall 8x ??? help would be appreciated deearly here........my cdrw used to worik perfect under win98 but not now...help plz

XPletive

bbbb-ring...
Could be a driver issue. Artec's website doesn't list a driver
for XP yet, although it does say that the driver supplied by Win95 or better should work just fine.

There is a firmware update for their CD-RW at the bottom of the page. I'm not sure what it does, but you might want to research
that, and perhaps give it a try.

http://www.artec-us.com/Driver2.htm

B

Braniac

How do you know he has an Artec CDRW??? :confused: I can´t see it in his post, just wondering....

T

tveitch3

I had a similar problem with an older Memorex CDRW drive. Couldn't burn cd with any software. I flashed the firmware then changed the default driver that was installed during XP Pro install. Several times the optional driver I installed through the control panel caused more problems and some lockups. Finally went into safe mode, let XP find a new driver, all is well now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy? :(
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fredmilx