I hate java - Who else here does also?

Johnny

.. Commodore ..
Political Access
I hate java. It is nothing but a resource hogging, system crashing pos .. I have it out of my machine and refuse to put it back in. Anyone else feel the same?

Sorry, I just had to vent a little bit ..

agreed!

plus i had to install it, and i've only used it once or twice

I still use Microsoft's virtual machine on XP and Vista.

I didn't think that ms made one anymore, AZ?

^^ I'm not talking about that type of java !!

I didn't think that ms made one anymore, AZ?

You can still get it but first you need to disable the Sun version.

How to disable Sun Java
Go into Internet Options > Advanced tab
Scroll down to Sun Java and uncheck the box then click apply.

Now intall MSVM:

MS Java

After you install that then you need to install the update.

MS Java Update

How to Enable MSVM
Go into Internet Options > Advanced tab
Scroll down until you see Microsoft VM and make sure all 3 boxes are checked then click the apply button.

Last edited:
Thanx AZ, I will try that out and see how it goes. Hopefully it is better than the sun pos ...

Do you have Java installed and setup correctly? the latest version? you have to uninstall the older builds. which causes issues.

resource hog? 3303k on the binary is hardly a hog.....

I have never had any issues with Sun Java.

I had the newest one installled. Put it in after reformat, so there was no past version in it. I was constantly getting browser crashes and the active functions did not work right. It would also kill my resources with the updates it does. The thing that really irritated me was that I would disable the stupid updates and it would re-enable itself... Since I took it out, I haven't had one issue I had with it installed ..

Also, I couldn't get msjava to install. So I am going to be java free for a while ...

I hate java. It is nothing but a resource hogging, system crashing pos .. I have it out of my machine and refuse to put it back in. Anyone else feel the same?

Sorry, I just had to vent a little bit ..
it does suxor but I need it for my online chess

^^ I'm not talking about that type of java !!

Although you might be referring to the other type, most people in general would be using the VM type to run browser apps. :)

I have to agree though, I HATE Sun Java (VM). It and Azureus BT combined causes my system to lockup as the CPU hits 98% and my 256mb ram drops to below 10mb - with no other app running.
I stopped using the above and moved to BT/uTorrent. Glad these don't use Java. :laugh:

I've always used MS Java VM up to the point MS stopped providing updates for it. After that, I hardly use Java... except for Azureus.

I haven't had java installed for a few years now.

Its not that Java itself is bad - its more the developers using it are sloppy and lazy.

It's not like it is really a necessity to have it installed anyhow. None of the sites I go to and none of the programs I use require. So I don't miss it all :)

It's not like it is really a necessity to have it installed anyhow. None of the sites I go to and none of the programs I use require. So I don't miss it all :)

That's the same way I am. Nothing I do uses it. But somehow for some reason after 6-12 months of my system running it some how ends up on my system, and I can't remove it because I don't remember what might need it lol

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back