I hate DSL ..

Why? I have DSL and while Cable is faster my DSL company has no bandwidth limit and doesn't block any ports.

The bandwidth is terrible. I went from downloading files at 1 meg or more with cable to being lucky to get 50k with dsl. Plus there is a constant fluctuation going on with the bandwidth. And the bandwidth isn't split properly - Otherwards, it seems to be focused to one thing. I notice a lot of issues where when utorrent is downloading my browser is almost to a crawl, where as with Cable it wasn't. So it may be unlimited bandwidth, but it is also centralized.

I have a suspicion that my isp is throttling the speed or something. With cable I had an 8 meg connection, with dsl I have a 7 meg; there is a huge difference that I am noticing. Another thing is this stupid modem they give you, it is junk. But that is another matter all together ..

I wonder if Fios is like this? I hope not. I really want to try that out.

The real question is who your DSL provider is. I had had DSL for about 7 or 8 years and never had such problems though the ISP you have and the plan might give some indication to what's going on. There could also be issues with your line quality. In any case, you can check out

DSL · Cable · VOIP · Security · Satellite · Fiber · News · Tips · Reviews · Community · Tools - dslreports.com

for some feedback from various customers with the given ISPs, as well as some tools which can be used to check your BW, line quality, etc.

As to FiOS, I have it again, this time the BW is 25 Mbit down/25 Mbit up (last year the address that had it went from 20/5 Mbit to they uped it to 25/15 Mbit). Location might effect the plans one's got available to them as well. Anyhow, the current net tests at

53273.png

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back