I had a job interview a couple of weeks ago

Brad

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
I had a job interview a couple of weeks ago (EDIT: GOT THE JOB!!!)

and another company (outsourced) called to verify employment at my current place of employment. Am I correct in thinking that this may be a good sign that they want me because from what I understand, it is very expensive to get background checks on people. Does anyone have some words to say about this subject? I am trying to not get too excited about it, but I really love this job.

Last edited:
Depends on the company. Some companies prefer to have a background check since it reduces liability.

Still a check (and clearance) usually makes you a very attractive candidate. Keep us posted and best of luck :)

Some places of business will do a background check. I've looked at the prospects of an internship at Sandia. Not only do they do a thorough background check, but one has to mail the application in, get cleared for an interview etc.

BTW, Sandia National Labs is located on the local air force base here in Albuq, NM. They're very much involved in R&D for the DoD, and as such probably check potential applicants more then others would. It does seem a good place from which one could start/advance a career if one could get an internship.

If they're calling you after a job interview, it does suggest they're interested in following up with ya. This is a good sign, albeit it doesn't mean you'll get hired for sure. If you turned them away during the interview, they would have just tossed the application and not given it another thought, let along called you afterwards...

Good luck :)

I had a background check done before I was accepted for the internship I'm currently doing. As has been mentioned already, it's a pretty good sign. Good luck! :)

Last edited:
It took me 3 months to get security clearance... fortunatly I had just started :)

It totally depends on the level of the clearance your getting... if your getting a T.S. clearance, then they will probably send you a contingency hire notice... meaning.. if you Brad, get said clearance.. we will hire you at this rate... yada yada... they do this because of how long it takes to get an interim T.S. If you are just getting an S then it normally takes about 3 months on avg to start... don't get upset at the wait (I know how frustrating it can be) just from time to time, every 3-4 weeks let them know you are still waiting to hear from them

Good luck... :)

I will be doing phone and computer based tech support for them so I don't think it is anything based upon security clearance.

WOOHOO!!!

I got the job!!! WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Wow nice one man :)
Another OSNNite in the industry, soon my pretties...
bwhahhahahaha

Congrats...

And some people's observations matched. Sandia, was telling people to apply 1 year in advance....

Wow! Congrats on getting the job! Couple of quick questions: how did you find out about your job, and what kind of education did it require? I'm about to start putting my resume out all over the place and wanted to get some ideas.

I found it on Monster.com. I looked basically every day and applied for stuff that I was qualified for, not qualified for, and over qualified for. I have an Associates in Applied Science for Information Systems/Network Administration and Support.

woot i start tomorrow...soooo flippin nervous.

Take a few deep breaths... :D Don't want to show up your first day on the job looking the same way I did when I took my driving test, back when I was still in HS :eek:

Lets just say that during the driving test, I sweat so hard, that my shirt was soaked around the arm pits a good 6-9" away from them by the time I got outa the car :eek: Much too obvious :laugh:

Gook luck and all...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back