i got spyware from WinMx

V

vadislav

it's pop up's that say's messenger. like it came through instant message. winmx is p2p. it's supposed to be spyware free.

As said above its not spyware its the messenger service being abused by spammers.

GO to http://mynetwatchman.com/kb/security/articles/popupspam/index.htm

Here are the procedures for disabling the Messenger service on Windows 2000 and XP systems:

Windows 2000:
Click: Start/Settings/Control Panel
Open: Administrative Tools
Open: Services
Open: 'Messenger' Service
Click: Stop button
Change 'Startup Type' to DISABLE
Click OK to close everything

Windows XP:
Right-click: 'My Computer' icon and select 'Manager'
Open: Services and Applications
Open: Services
Open: 'Messenger' Service
Click: Stop button
Change 'Startup Type' to DISABLE
Click OK to close everything

http://www.stopmessengerspam.com/index.html

i have outpost firewall free version. how could it get through? is zone alarm free version better than outpost free version?
thank's

HOW DO YOU CONFIGURE OUTPOST to stop messenger spam, so i can turn my messenger on again.

thank's

unless you are on a netowrk that uses it
you can just turn off the messanger service, it does not do anything unless you are the admin

Originally posted by vadislav
HOW DO YOU CONFIGURE OUTPOST to stop messenger spam, so i can turn my messenger on again.

thank's

Setup rules to block 445, 137, 138, 139

For specific info on this check the posts on www.outpostfirewall.com/forum im not a OP user anymore so cant tell you exactly how to set it up. The FAQ on that forum covers it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back