i got a problem

C

CenTrixX

i dont know if this is the right place to make this post....

i got this problem...my computer is goging black when i am working on it.... but it only happens in weekends what can i doo.... i have allready viruss scan'ed it with norman,panda,norton antivirus 2004

any ideas are welcome...

:confused: :mad: :confused:

I guess 'goging' is going!

Mmm is it going into standby mode, your monitor that is?

no stanby...its like u press the reset button but i dont got a reset button in my pc

Never heard of a computer insisting on a free weekend. Do computers have strong trade unions in Denmark?

Look in eventviewer (right click MyComputer - manage - eventviewer) for related error messages.
Also look under Scheduled Tasks in Control Panel if there is something scheduled that may crash your computer.

You may also consider to switch off automatic restart so that you get a blue screen with an error message next time.
Control Panel - system - advanced - startup and recovery - settings - uncheck automatic restart.

Originally posted by yoyo
Never heard of a computer insisting on a free weekend. Do computers have strong trade unions in Denmark?

HAHA! That was good

I must admit that this was the best laugh I've had in weeks.
"Do computers have strong trade unions in Denmark?"
I used to live in Denmark about 35 years ago and they have strong trade unions, however I don't know about computers.

Skål du gamle, hag en carlsberg elefant på mig. I apoligize for my lousy danish.

To the problem, sorry never seen this one before.

ejm

Look in eventviewer (right click MyComputer - manage - eventviewer) for related error messages.
Also look under Scheduled Tasks in Control Panel if there is something scheduled that may crash your computer.

You may also consider to switch off automatic restart so that you get a blue screen with an error message next time.
Control Panel - system - advanced - startup and recovery - settings - uncheck automatic restart.

LOL that was a nice one..... Never heard of a computer insisting on a free weekend. Do computers have strong trade unions in Denmark?

Hi Leevoy
Love the beer (yeast basted). The elefant beer is just over 12% alcohol and wovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv it tasts great.

ejm

:D :D :D

nice1

Back to the question...

It could be a power problem, sick memory, or a heat problem.

Power problem
Do any room lights flicker when the computer shuts down? Does anything electrical start up (heater, motor, etc) about the same time?

Is your power supply big enough for the equipment you have in the computer. 300-350W for a basic system. 400W if you have extra drives, ram or a 3 gig CPU.

Sick memory
If you have 2 sticks try taking one out and see if the problem goes away. If not swap the 2 sticks and try the other one for a while. If oyu only have 1 stick of memory try borrowing one for a test.

Heat problem
Since your in Denmark and it's winter - is a heater blowing hot air on the computer?

Check the CPU and MB temperatures after running for 30 minutes. You can see the temperature in BIOS or using a utility like Sisoft Sandra. CPU should be less than 55 deg C, MB less than 45 deg C. Above that you could have a heat issue.

thx LeeJend.....

My system:

CPU : Intel Pentium 4 2.266 Ghz
MOBO : asus P4B533-E (raids are disable)
RAM : 1 X Kingston 512 mb DDR2100 (DDR266)
HDD : IBM Deskstar 120GXP 120 GB
Grafic : Geforce 4 TI 4400
Powersuply : 320W (was with my case)

Other:
5 x papst Blowers ( 80X80X25 )
1 X papst Blower ( 92X92X25 )
Digitaldoc 5

my temberatures are after 30 min ( MBM5 ):

Mobo : 30-32 C

Cpu : 40-53 C

the ram is allmost new...so i dont think that its the problem but the powersuply maybe it's to small for my system

Hi CenTrixX
Just because the stick of ram is new doesn't mean it is ok. A few years ago I bought more ram for my computer and had problems with it. I was told to remove sticks and put one in at a time. It turned out to be a faulty stick that I bought. If I remember right The computer wouldn't boot, or it did boot but I had a black screen. This happen about 15 years ago and I didn't recall it until I read LeeJend post.

ejm

oh.....
okay i can try but i never heard of sick ram's.....

Only happens at weekends? What are you doing during the weekend that you aren't doing during the week? Using it longer? Playing games?

Originally posted by Teddy
Only happens at weekends? What are you doing during the weekend that you aren't doing during the week? Using it longer? Playing games?

im am playing games hole day.....:D

last time it happend was 11/7-03 total black out....

i was playing and suddenly the computer starts in dos..... and boots up in windows XP professional.....

It is kinda funny that you sould say that. Recently while playing games like Halo demo, and America's Army for no apparent reason my screen goes to black like I shut it off. I am running MBM5 and have the temps set to alarm at 45C and perform a shut down when they exceed 58C, but there has been no alarms and the log files all say that my pc hasn't gone over 42C. I was thinking that my vid card was starting to crap out.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back