• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

I don't know what's going on. No Icons!

percy

OSNN Senior Addict
Hi. I have a notebook and I just noticed that everytime I boot up, only the desktop background and the mouse arrow appears and I'm thinking that maybe my notebook frooze. But as soon as I touch the space bar or any button all the desktop icons appears and continue loading the applications. I have a logon password for a server and this happens on or off the server login. What happened? Thanks.

percy

OSNN Senior Addict
I had rebooted and the same thing happened again. after logging in only the background and cursor on the middle came out and had to click the space bar so that the icons will comes out and continue loading the other services on the taskbar. Then ran the hijack and attached file is the logfile. I had changed the extension to TXT from LOG because it says invalide file. Thanks.

Attachments

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
Everything looks pretty clean in that log actually.

Does this happen when you boot to safe mode?

Do you have any errors/warnings in the event viewer?

Try disabling some of your startup items by clicking Start, going to run, type "msconfig" and navigate to the further-most right tab, which is startup. Disable all, and then add them one at a time to see if any of the programs are causing problems or conflicting with eachother.

percy

OSNN Senior Addict
it worked. i had disabled a few items that I don't think i need to start it up after login and now after logging in, the icons comes out right away. thanks.

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
Cool man.

As I said before the log looked healthy, maybe something was just conflicting or making your memory choke.

Glad it worked out :)

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown