i caught an ugly little turtle!

the_music_man

aka prodj88 =P
found this little critter near my yard so my mom told me to keep it. so i got a box and put some lettuce in it! its tryin to crawl out as u can see. so if it does then i'll let it escape thro the garage door but it looks like its just barely a little too weak/small to escape so i might have a new pet!! :cool:

btw the third pic is hilarious, u can see the result of the turtle being too weak :p

Attachments

• DSC01195.JPG
    DSC01195.JPG
    516.7 KB · Views: 1,405
  • DSC01199.JPG
    DSC01199.JPG
    609.8 KB · Views: 1,153
  • DSC01200.JPG
    DSC01200.JPG
    560.9 KB · Views: 886
Maybe the box is too small for it? :)

Ya better go and do a "google" ta find out how ta care for it. It's gonna need water and things yaknow. :)

Yer gonna need some sort of terrarium... a LARGE terrarium.

i had a turtle once, his name was speedy, no b though hehe

Call him Tooter... Tooter Turtle. :)

*old cartoon, ask yer parents* :D

cartoon

cartoon history

"Help me, Mr. Wizard!

"Drizzle, drazzle, dradle, drone
Time for this one to come home."

Sell him to the local Chinese restaurant, could make you a few $'s.

He's a tortoise. Turtles are sea-faring creatures, with flippers and a soft shell.

Looks a bit like a red eared slider which lives mainly in (warmish) water. I used to have 3 but they outgrew the 4ft tank I had! They require water to swim and dry "land" to bask under some artifical sunlight (e.g. infra-red lamp) Although they'd eat lettuce, mine used to go mad for crab sticks or other seafood selections (e.g. muscles/prawns shrimps etc.) Be careful though. Those beaks are powerful and the claws can hurt to. If you touch the turtle, make sure you wash you hands after as they can carry all sorts of disease (e.g. salmonella). What size is it. They can grow to about 8-12 inchs across depending on the sex. If it has long front claws it's male (used in courtship). I'd take it to a vet first to identify the species beofre you take it on as a pet. They're not the easiet to look after, and they stink if their water is not cleaned on a weekly basis. Good luck.

P.S. They can live for forty year plus, so be prepared for a long ride!

a1ehouse said:
Looks a bit like a red eared slider which lives mainly in (warmish) water. I used to have 3 but they outgrew the 4ft tank I had! They require water to swim and dry "land" to bask under some artifical sunlight (e.g. infra-red lamp) Although they'd eat lettuce, mine used to go mad for crab sticks or other seafood selections (e.g. muscles/prawns shrimps etc.) Be careful though. Those beaks are powerful and the claws can hurt to. If you touch the turtle, make sure you wash you hands after as they can carry all sorts of disease (e.g. salmonella). What size is it. They can grow to about 8-12 inchs across depending on the sex. If it has long front claws it's male (used in courtship). I'd take it to a vet first to identify the species beofre you take it on as a pet. They're not the easiet to look after, and they stink if their water is not cleaned on a weekly basis. Good luck.

i didn't put it in an aquariam or any water environment. its in a box - lol. i'll probably just let it go in the creek behind my house tomorrow

shouldn't you provide the little bugger with some moisture?

rubbing against the site of the cardboard box is only gonna dry it out..

:p

Put an inch of water in the bath tub and some rocks 'n dirt. And some lettuce.

Oh... don't let anyone take a shower/bath. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back