• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

i can't play my other MP3 files with WMP

Status
Not open for further replies.

msixteen

OSNN Junior Addict
hi! i'm getting trouble playing with my other mp3 files i can't play it with WMP11 but it's working with iTunes do i have a codec problem? thanx in advance....

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political User
hi! i'm getting trouble playing with my other mp3 files i can't play it with WMP11 but it's working with iTunes do i have a codec problem? thanx in advance....
Are these iTunes purchases that won't play in WMP? That could be the problem.

fitz

Woah.. I'm still here?
Staff member
Political User
itunes purchases are m4p files.. not mp3's..

I echo kc in asking what happens when you try to play them.

msixteen

OSNN Junior Addict
so sorry for the late reply, ok here is the message "Windows Media Player cannot play the file.The player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compressed the file."

vertigo

OSNN Senior Addict
i don't use itunes and am not familiar with their drm, but looks like it is aac audio. download coreaac

if you have quicktime though it should have installed the necessary directshow filters, in which case it may be drm related.

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political User
so sorry for the late reply, ok here is the message "Windows Media Player cannot play the file.The player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compressed the file."
We need to know if these songs were purchased online through a service such as iTunes, Napster, etc.

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political User
If there is DRM involved then that would have to be stripped first. It's almost simpler to burn a CD and then rip it back.

msixteen

OSNN Junior Addict
ive downloaded the 3 mp3 files at bearshare, what i did is encode it again using Cdex and it worked... but still don't know why?, anyway thanks for your time solving this....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies