I can't install Vista on my computer - It's only two years old !!

Why is Vista reminding me of how it was when XP first came out ??

Because the first release of any new SW is a Beta no matter what they claim. Always wait for SP1 to come out when upgrading. you're supposed to get paid to test other peoples software, not pay them.

I went to try and install Vista last night. I went through the compatibility and found that neither my video and sound will work, therefore making it impossible for me to install it.

I don't understand why it is like this? I looked for updates of the drivers and I have the current ones. Two year old PC, and I can't install vista .. Sheesh, looks like I will be buying a new pc ..
I suggest the following for your upgrade:

1. Use RTM Build 6000.
2. Remove all antivirus and firewall software.
3. Follow the instructions from MS by running the compatibility tool.
4. Increase memory to 2GB.
5. Remove all print drivers.
6. Assure you have about 20GB of free disk space.
7. Disable un-needed services.
8. use one of the file utility tools to install all files on a local folder of your computer.
9. Light a candle at church before hitting the enter key!

Good Luck!

I suggest the following for your upgrade:

1. Use RTM Build 6000.
2. Remove all antivirus and firewall software.
3. Follow the instructions from MS by running the compatibility tool.
4. Increase memory to 2GB.
5. Remove all print drivers.
6. Assure you have about 20GB of free disk space.
7. Disable un-needed services.
8. use one of the file utility tools to install all files on a local folder of your computer.
9. Light a candle at church before hitting the enter key!

Good Luck!

I like this lol .. Thanx for the tip .. I am going to do a clean install, instead of an upgrade ...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back