T

Tiffany

I have Webshots on my PC. It changes wallpapers every so often. I turned it

off. I did a search on Windows. I looked in the DESKTOP folder & on the

Desktop. I looked in Quick launch & the quick launch folder. I never renamed

it. Any advice?

Thanks

A Few Ways here -

1) Right click anywere on the desktop, click properties and under the desktop tab click to customize deaktop. Look and see if the recycle bin is shown anywere there and if so is it enabled.

2) Right click your desktop,
Click on properties,
Click on the appearance tab,
Under the windows and buttons menu: Click on Windows Classic style.

After that, click on the Theme tab and change the theme to windows classic.
Between these two, your recycle bin short cut should return.

3) You may also find it my right-clicking your start icon and then click explore.
Click on my network places (near the bottom, under document folders).
Scroll to the bottom of the drop down list on the left and Recycle bin should/may be there. You can open it from there.

4) C:\RECYCLER, but it's a hidden Protected Operating System folder.

Open My Computer and click on Tools | Folder Options. Then open the View tab. UNCHECK 'Hide Protected Operating System Files'. Then open C:\ and you should be able to see C:\RECYCLER

Commenting on suggestion #1 - You can't enable/disable the desktop icon from there. You can use TweakUI to re-enable/disable the desktop icon for the Recycle Bin.

Was trying to do it from memory, I stand corrected :p

That won't restore the desktop icon and isn't the proper method for restoring the desktop icon. That'll create a shortcut to the system folder on your desktop and will only include the drive that you created the shortcut for (if you have multiple drives it won't see those drives).

You should use TweakUI to re-create the desktop icon.

Download: http://download.microsoft.com/downl...a6-b352-839afb2a2679/TweakUiPowertoySetup.exe
Information: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back