I cant connect to mIRC and MSN Chat !

S

saqib

I m having anice connection but its provided by university....I need to know why I cant connect to any of P2P programmes or even I m unable to chat on mirc, msn chat and all others which start with an applet....can someone guide me how can I do all things?

Those ports are probably blocked by your university. There is not much you can do about that.

If your in the UK, try using ports 6666 or 6668 for irc, as the notorious port for irc is 6667. Works for me =)

Odd, MSN usually bypasses most blockings as it trys various ports until it gets a connection.

u won't b able 2 do it. all ports will be blocked except the absolute esental one's. i can even open msn/mirc,download .exe files or view atachments:(.....but funily enuf i have the run comand,not what was it? /format c?:D

so u guys mean there is no way I can chat on mirc or msn? or even I cant download music from kazaa.....right?
come on....everyone is expert here.....give me a piece of advice....there must be a way to connect kazaa!
pleaseeeeeeeeeeee!

nope unless u take down the prog there using 2 block ports:)

find out what you CAN do, then route the things you can't via the same port :)

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
find out what you CAN do, then route the things you can't via the same port :)

Well I can use Internet Explorer...I can use MSN Messenger and almost all other messengers including yahoo aim etc.....and i can do yahoo chat through yahoo messenger!

But how to route? will u please guide me? someone told me that http-tunnel software can help me but i dont know if it will work!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back