I can tell you what your phone number is.

mlakrid

OSNN BASSMASTER
Political Access
Using math...

NOTE: this may not work on international number if you have over 7 digits...

Get your calculator or start calc on your PC: Start/Run/calc and then follow the steps below:

1. Key in the first three digits of your phone number
(NOT the area code)

2 Multiply by 80

3. Add 1

4. Multiply by 250

5. Add the last 4 digits of your phone number

6. Add the last 4 digits of your phone number again.

7. Subtract 250

8. Divide number by 2

Do you recognize the answer?

As I said in his rep message. That requires all 6 digits of my number less area code so I' have given him my number anyways its just a long winded way of saying "hey whats your number I'll give you a bell sometime" :D

quite neat. HOWEVER, as the title has stated... you can't tell me what my number is without me telling you what my number is. :p
Steps 1 AND 5 are telling us to enter our phone number, while the other steps are side-stepping to make us think something else. lol

Yeah I have an alternative method:

1. Key in the first 3 digits of your phone number (Not the area code)

2. Key in the last 3 digits of your phone number

Voila! :)

Nice find though Mike! Reps coming your way.

quite neat. HOWEVER, as the title has stated... you can't tell me what my number is without me telling you what my number is. :p
Steps 1 AND 5 are telling us to enter our phone number, while the other steps are side-stepping to make us think something else. lol

Maybe so,

HOWEVER, I want to know who did the math to find out this would work...

It come up with YOUR phone number in addition to adding and multiplying arbitrary numbers...

Kind of wierd...

Mike A!

Maybe so,

HOWEVER, I want to know who did the math to find out this would work...

It come up with YOUR phone number in addition to adding and multiplying arbitrary numbers...

Kind of wierd...

Mike A!

well... i think he just added/multiplied/subtracted numbers with the results in mind...

see this: (example if your n° is 999 9999)

(999*80*250)/2=9990000

ends up with four zeros, now you just need to add the last 4

(9999+9999+250-250)/2=9999 << this ones basically 9999 ... it add first and then subtracts/divides by 2

see?

cool find btw....

Last edited:
well... i think he just added/multiplied/substacted numbers with the results in mind...

see this: (example if your n° is 999 9999)

(999*80*250)/2=9990000

ends up with four zeros, now you just need to add the last 4

(9999+9999+250-250)/2=9999 << this ones basically 9999 ... it add first and then substracts/divides by 2

see?

cool find btw....
Exactly. You can come up with lots of variants of this. You just need to end up with (10000x + y) where x is the number representing first three digits and y is the last four. You can do that by adding, subtracting, multiplying or dividing specific sets of values to x and y such that you eventually end up with that formula once it's simplified. :)

You guys ruined this for me. I was impressed but now you explain it to me and I'm like, eh.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back