• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

I am upgrading my CPU

N

neoterixx

I have an ASUS a7V 333 Mobo and Im upgrading my now athlon 2000Xp to a 2700Xp, if my bios is updated, I should just be able to pop in the new CPU without a problem and change settings in my bios right????

Will windows function normally ?:D

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
Originally posted by neoterixx
I have an ASUS a7V 333 Mobo and Im upgrading my now athlon 2000Xp to a 2700Xp, if my bios is updated, I should just be able to pop in the new CPU without a problem and change settings in my bios right????

Will windows function normally ?:D
yup and i dun know :)

I would suggest perhaps formatting since windows id's your rig per the hardware config... ergo... it will have changed a bit..

GoNz0

NTFS Stoner
i did a friends A7V333 with the 2700 chip.
Flash to the new BIOS and when it boots withh the new chip it popped the bios up and asked what speed i wanted, 3 choices. its so easy :)

N

neoterixx

awesome thanks.hopefully the transition goes smoothly. Thanks for the prompt response.

Taurus

hardware monkey
one of the only kt333 boards that supports a 333fsb, isn't it? seeing as it was made before the 333fsb processors were even talked about, good job asus. :)

N

neoterixx

Yeah I think the 2400 Xp was the fastest processor @ the time when I got this motherboard.

GoNz0

NTFS Stoner
it does make the mobo a little warm though running the 2700, so i advise good case fans, me mate jumped 7 degrees on the mobo when we switched to 333 fsb. good old thermaltake smart fans to the rescue :)

N

neoterixx

Im actually upgrading to give my old processor for another system, sorry :(.

I have a thermaltake on my CPU now, with arctic silver, and four case fans. If my system will get hot I will just invest in a new CPU cooler.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies