Hysterical Dell Support

They also have a lemon law which I have taken advantage of recently, after three attempts they will give you a new unit.

In my case, My D600 was a lemon and I got a free upgrade to a D610 with comporable specs :)

The D610 is nice provided you have 2 sticks of 512MB in it. The first two weeks I had this thing were a nightmare with the various admin tools I use.

Sux the max resolution is 1024

No matter, I'm on a D620 now anyways ;)

I passed my D610 down the line to someone below me so I could trade up :p

Nice. I get an 810 or 820 in a couple of weeks. I'm sick of this resolution - and we had a guy burnout.

Free trade yo !!! heheh ;)

It's Friday all, have a great weekend.

The 620 is leaps and bounds better than the old 610/600 setup :)

Got my f@lding going on here on both cores, will see what the yields are when they start subbing :D

Solid little unit so far. My MX Revolution loves it too ;)

3rd monitor came, since the second one didn't work right. It's RevA03 with a S-PVA panel from Samsung. Not the S-IPS that initially came.

But I like the contrast ratio that the S-PVA panel provides and am going to keep this one.

I don't understand how they could send out different types of panels in the same product. But after all the S-PVA bashing I've read on the internet and the supposed "Dell Panel Lottery" I kind of like it better

SIPS is faster reacting. SPVA has better colour balance. You should get SIPS in the 2007 reeally. the SPVA really only benefits from the larger poanel sizes imo.

i think all my moaning paid off, 2 new 24" monitors arrived via 2 separate carriers... so far they have only asked for one back and i got an invoice for £0.00 for the other ??? :eek:

SIPS is faster reacting. SPVA has better colour balance. You should get SIPS in the 2007 reeally. the SPVA really only benefits from the larger poanel sizes imo.

that would be great, but I already have 2 huge boxes sitting in my living room that I have to have DHL pick up. I really shouldn't have to worry about it at all. I should just have a s-ips panel in the first place. If Dell wants to sell different panels under the same model number that's fine. They are so large it won't bother most people. But they are really screwing with their customers. It's sad really and unfair.

You buy something thinking it's one thing and getting another. I'm liking the color contrast. But really I should not have to worry about such a thing.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back