HTPC Upgrade - Enabling Full HD

indyjones

OSNN.net Adventurer
Hi All,

Just thought I would start up a little thread for my HTPC. For the last ~9 months I have been happily been running a Vista media centre and it has been doing the job nicely. I have recently got myself a very nice picture frame 40" 1080P LCD tv, and I now want to get my htpc fully up to spec.
I will also be building a low powered htpc for basically extender duties as it will cost me less than a stand alone extender with built in dvd (and the xbox 360 is a wee bit noisy) plus having wider video playback support will be nice.

Hardware wise it’s a bit of a mixed bag:

Keep

Case: Zalman HD160 Plus
Ram: 2 Gig
GFX Card – Ati 2600XT
7.1 speakers

Not Sure

Processor – might get changed current E6550

Going to get

Sound Card – ASUS HDAV1.3
Optical Drive – Most likely the LG HD DVD/ Bluray combo
Keyboard and mouse – Now its running at a nice screen res I fancy the new Logitech handheld keyboard thingy
Motherboard – Currently running a micro atx board and will need a bigger one for the new sound card – the gigabyte p43/p45 look nice

Any other suggestions? Was thinking about getting the black gold dual S2 tuner card so I can get BBC/ITV HD but may wait on that as I need a to fit a satellite dish

Defiantly :)
the Asus sound card comes with a full version of ArcSoft TotalMedia™ Theatre too which is nice helps offset the crazy £220 price of the sound card!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back