htpc remote

Taurus

hardware monkey
helping someone look for a remote one would use for an htpc (home theater pc). RF would be nice but IR is good too. usb connection for the receiver preferred. ideally we're looking for one with a directional pad so you can contol the cursor and basically do away with the mouse entirely.

SoundGraph has the iMON which is IR and the receiver is sort of ugly.

ATI has the Remote Wonder but it's getting old and it's not clear if it only works with radeons or not.

and they're both kinda pricey. anyways, it'd be nice to find some other options. thanks. }:>

ATI will be having a new version of the Remote Wonder out soon. May be out already
and
I can highly recommend stuff from http://www.gyration.com/

I've used it in corporate conference room installs and works great.

I can pledge for the ATi Remote Wonder. I love it.

The Remote Wonder II won't be available in any quantities for a while.
Also it doesn't really seem too dated. ATi is continuing driver development, and the remote works in a wide variety of programs! it's also RF... great product

oh, so the remote wonder II is still very new and that's why it can't be found. i assumed it only came with new AIW cards. do we know if the first RW works with any video card? i would think it would but ATI says, "Compatible with all RADEON graphics products", though it doesn't list a radeon in the requirements.

thanks for the link, dreamliner... and for the testimony, goatman.
icon14.gif

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back