(html) strange question

dlc3172

OSNN Newbie
ok, I'm just going to throw this out there.... In my favorites list in IE7, when I mouse over one particular favorite, I see the title of the site displayed twice above the URL. The site happens to be my own personal site, and it's the only site in the favorites list that displays the title twice when I mouse over. So, I'm thinking I did something in my code to make this happen... Can anyone provide any advice? I'm at a loss.... I don't want the site title to appear twice whenever someone bookmarks my site because it looks weird, and the title itself is kind of long anyway.

thanks!!

ok, I'm just going to throw this out there.... In my favorites list in IE7, when I mouse over one particular favorite, I see the title of the site displayed twice above the URL. The site happens to be my own personal site, and it's the only site in the favorites list that displays the title twice when I mouse over. So, I'm thinking I did something in my code to make this happen... Can anyone provide any advice? I'm at a loss.... I don't want the site title to appear twice whenever someone bookmarks my site because it looks weird, and the title itself is kind of long anyway.

thanks!!

Did you write the html by hand, or use a tool? I've never heard of this or encountered it and don't use IE, but I'm wondering if the mouse-over text comes from the page title tag in the head section? Take a look at that and if it's not the case, post the URL so people can poke around to help.

does it do this under firefox or any other broswer ? if not its an ie issue

Lots of sites do this including OSNN.

Attachments

• title.jpg
    title.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 124
I'm with Carpo on this, eliminate possible browser blame before messing with your code.
Out of curiosity, What did you use for the above screenie AZ?
I've got no issues with mouseover tooltips using Firefox 2.0.0.10.
I never use I.E. but if it's a generic problem with I.E. then you need fret no longer dlc1372 :)
(welcome to the boards btw)

LOL ... I was assuming it was a browser issue and that poster wanted it to work in IE.

if the error only happens in ie then its either a bug in ie itself (as it does have a few issues with html/css) or a bug in the html (php whatever) and then it norrows things down for solutions :)

Lots of sites do this including OSNN.

well, if you are seeing it too, I guess it's an IE issue. I will try it on Firefox tomorrow and see how it looks. The funny thing, though, is that it only happens on one site out of about 20 in my favorites list, and it was my own site. That's why I thought it was something I did. Another funny thing is that if I use a javascript "bookmark this site" link on my site to bookmark it, it works fine. The problem only occurs when I bookmark the site the regular way with IE7 Star icon.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back