html problem

S

seeme

Hi guys,

ive just rewritten my web page - www.musicalfunctions.cjb.net and im very pleased with the way it looks.

one problem occurs, I want to make the treble clef, and links on the right hand side of the page stay in the same place without moving.

does anyone know how i can do this?

I know for starters that i have to set the page to a specific size, so that it doesnt squash up, but how can i make that damn treble clef and links section stay in the same bloody place!?

this has been the cause of many hours of frustration :[

thanks,

jeremy

I'm not clear on what you are trying to do

1. i want to stop the web page from resizing.

2. at the moment, ive set the page up using frontpage, and ive set each collumn to a specific size.

3. ive also set the table to 750 by 400 pixles.

- the problem is, that the collumns keep resizing themselves within the table. They don't stay at the pixle paramaters that i've set.

for example. at a 600X400 res, if the web page had three numbers:
1 . 2 . 3

if the resolution was changed to 800x600, i would want the numbers to appear exactly the same
1 . 2 . 3

at the moment, everything resizes itself.

1 .... 2 ..... 3 or 1 ..................... 2 ............. 3

is there some code i should edit out? or something i should add?

does this make my problem any clearer?

thanks

Looking at the source:

Code:
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" 
style="border-collapse: collapse" bordercolor="#111111" 
width="68%" id="AutoNumber1" height="1">

Thats the first table I see... you should view the source and make sure it contains none of these percentages as this means teh table is then not to teh pixel but as a percentage of teh total resolution...

My advice to you, is to design the page in teh lowest resolution you see fit, I recommend 800x600, if it works at 800x600 and contains no table / row percentages then it should look teh same at higher resolutions.

sorry i should also have said that ive only updated my offline version.

i have made all the settings as pixles.

but i still have the problem when viewing it.

it keeps resizing,

The table, set as 750x400 doesnt resize. however the collumns within the table keep resizing...even though i have made all the settings as pixles...not percentages

:confused:

i have actually solved the problem..i think....except for one page.

if anyone was interested, I have put frames within frames, to keep it all static..

it seems to be ok for the moment..

hmm...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back