HTML Editors...

P

PseudoKiller

Recently I have been getting into html, css and javascript. I have looked and looked for programs that support all that and more with ease of use. I have Dreamweaver Frontpage (dont want to hear it) and Notepad but they all leave something to be desired... Does anyone know of such a program that supports and can edit all those and more?? I mean a program that someone has used or is using??

Thanks in advance...

it should be able to do CSS *TML and javascript ... I have one called WebEdit but I havent tried it yet... I am looking for opinions on editors ppl have used but I will try almost anything.
I love CSS so if anyone has some good resources (URL's) that would be appreciated also, along with any good sites for Javascripting. :D I am now addicted to web design and graphics.

yeah well I didnt ask for notepad... I asked for something else.

WTF... I didnt ask for notepad. Please if youre not gonna help then stay out of this thread.

PseudoKiller said:
WTF... I didnt ask for notepad. Please if youre not gonna help then stay out of this thread.

I gave you a link to w3schools.

If you are going to do this professionally, I suggest that you learn the standards and conform to them, not let some bull**** frontpage/dreamweaver/whatever program do it for you. Most of these programs will not write valid code and they will only look right in Internet Explorer. HTML/XHTML and CSS are extremely easy and take about 1 week of actually working with before you are familiar enough to where you dont really have to use a cheatsheet and just fire up notepad. It doesn't get easier.

PseudoKiller said:

Iii.. just meant that it was a good link.

j79zlr said:
I gave you a link to w3schools.

If you are going to do this professionally, I suggest that you learn the standards and conform to them, not let some bull**** frontpage/dreamweaver/whatever program do it for you. Most of these programs will not write valid code and they will only look right in Internet Explorer. HTML/XHTML and CSS are extremely easy and take about 1 week of actually working with before you are familiar enough to where you dont really have to use a cheatsheet and just fire up notepad. It doesn't get easier.
First off I know about the link for W3Schools... much appreciated though, I am after other editors and I know how to use notepad for what I need. But if let say i want to graphics ... I wouldnt limit myself to just using Paint now would I... I could use Bryce Photoshop Illustrator Paint Shop Pro Carrera 3DSMax Maya and so on... thats why I am after other html css and javascript editors...

apples and oranges here, there is absolutely nothing that any HTML or javascript editor can do that can't be done by coding yourself.

http://www.hotscripts.com/ has a ton of all kinds of scripts.

Come on guys, PK is obviously looking for a HTML editor that gives you a WYSIWYG editor. If he had wanted to actually learn HTML he would have posted this in coding.

Applications such as Dreamweaver can give users like PK the tools he needs to create a cool looking webpage without looking at any source code.

Agreed that these programs to add a bloat to the page but should give PK the chance to get the layout he wants up alot faster without a steep learning curve.

Afterall, his course is graphical design and not learning how to write webpages.

wasnt looking for scripts... I can make them myself. I am looking for editors, as stated in the previous posts.

I love CSS so if anyone has some good resources (URL's) that would be appreciated also, along with any good sites for Javascripting. I am now addicted to web design and graphics.

Well I'm done here, I figured you wanted some links since you asked for them. I have no idea on WYSIWYG editors as I've never used any.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back