HTML Commands

Piett

...will circle this city
I'm trying to figure out how to trim some of the extra space on an html file that i am currently using. i'm using the file as my active desktop file, and when i add it to my desktop i can't get rid of some of the dead space that appears on the right of the menu's that i have. is there some sort of parse, or trim command that will snap the margin to the longest point? if any one knows what command to add, and where to add it to get rid of the extra space on the right, please don't hesitate to post it.

Thanks,
Piett

Not really sure what you mean. There aren't really any "commands" in HTML. Do you mean a table is too wide? Maybe a screenshot would clear things up. :)

dunno for sure but do you mean the margins of the html file... If so then put the following code in the body tag:

topmargin="0" leftmargin="0"

Yup, the top/left/right/bottom margin in the body tag should do the trick.

<body topmargin="0" rightmargin="0">

that would do it. by default it is ~5%

If you wanted to use this ability for web pages and not just active desktop elements you could use
<body topmargin="0" leftmargin="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0"> and those last two attributes of the body tag would eliminate the space in Mozilla based browsers.

However, none of those attributes are supported in the current version of HTML and they are not XHTML compliant.

If you wanted to get this effect and still be in the good, you need to use a stylesheet and use the code:

BODY {
margin-left: 0px;
margin-right: 0px;
margin-top: 0px;
margin-bottom: 0px;
}

The file is going to be placed on an Active Desktop therefore won't be rendered with Mozilla and doesn't need to comply to XHTML standards.

Still, a valid point a good tip :happy:

thanks for the replies everyone, appreciate it. okay, i'm attaching a acreenie (don't ask me why i didn't at first :)). The trouble area is over on the right-hand side. there is too much space there for me to fit the menu's down beside my picture. if i change and have the menu's horizontal (like here) there is no excess space on any side of the menu.

NOTE: Attached screenshot is the problematic one.

i should also point out that i have experimented with changing the values of some of the varriables that are in the script that i am using to no avail. that is what makes me believe that i need to use some sort of tags

although it may not appear that that much space is needed, using those kinds of menus usually results in the layers (or div tags) taking up more room than it appears. you can try adding a <div style="width: 100; height: 100; autoflow type tag, but I would leave it as is and just expand the active desktop window to allow it to have the space it wants.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back