html and php illiterate

Tuffgong4

The Donger Need Food!!!!
Political Access
I am html and php illiterate.

I need to create a blog type website where my brother could just copy and paste or type out his articles and update the website as easily as possible.

Now everything I learn has to be easily translated to someone else as well since my brother and I live about 5 hours away.

pretty much what I'm asking is the easiest way to set up a website for my brother so he can update his website as easily as possible without a steep learning curve

I've looked through those but those seem to be places where you use their software and their servers for hosting...he has his own hosting and his own domain name and everything.

Thanks anyway NetRyder!

That would be true for all of the above services except Blogger. You can actually publish the blog to your own server. There are several pre-defined templates available so that you can just click and go, or you can go in and change the template completely if you want to.

awesome...I did not know that...I will check it out for him...

Yeah, take my blog, for instance (link in sig). It's powered by Blogger, but the template is completely custom so that it fits in with the rest of the site. I use my own XHTML, CSS and PHP code for the layout, design and server-side stuff. And it's published to my own host, as you can tell from the domain name. :)

On the other hand, the WinHEC blog that I set up back in April uses one of Blogger's pre-designed templates. I didn't have time to do a custom design, so I just set that one up with a few clicks. Of course, there are many more designs you can choose from.

bleh! Learn php, sql, xhtml amd css then make your own blog much better! :)

also look at wordpress, b2evolution, MoveableType, pivot....

Wordpress, b2, and Nucleus are great blogging software/general purpose CMS. They are also relatively mature and active.

Pivot would be a great choice if you didn't have access to a database. The XML files it stores it's data in though is very prone to corruption.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back