400mhz CPU..................201mhz CPU
Sliding Keyboard.............On-screen keyboard
Wifi..............................Wifi
BlueTooth.....................BlueTooth
2.0MP camera................2.0 MP Camera
3G...............................EDGE
Micro SD.......................Micro SD
Windows Mobile 5...........Windows Mobile 6
Touch Screen................TouchFlo (Slide screen to navigate)

I can probably get the 8525 for 100-200 dollars cheaper than the HTC touch, also the HTC touch keyboard is idiot, its tiny. This isnt that big of a problem for me, who doesn't text that much. My other concern is the 201mhz processor, my AXIM is a 650mhz processor, running Windows 5... How could 201mhz run Windows 6, which looks like the vista of mobile operating systems.
The last thing i want to do is go out and spend 300-600 dollars on a phone and have it suck.
Your input here is greatly appreciated.
tongue.gif
Thanks

The 8525 got an 8.0 rating on cnet, the HTC touch a 6.3.

have you gone to a store and actually played with the phone. See if they have working models and try them there. Or see if they have a certain day guarantee if you don't like the phone you can return it. I like the looks of the touch but the 8525 is nice as well.

The touch isn't out in the US yet, as far as I know.
I have used the 8525, the biggest issue i have with the 8525 is the windows mobile 5, but i suppose its a good OS on my Axim so...
I guess its just not the best os for flashyness.
Thanks for the input.

I vote for the 8525. The lack of a physical keyboard will not work for me.

Madmatt informed me that i can flash the phone to Windows mobile 6, i think that settles it.
The 8525 seems like an amazing phone. and if i can get windows 6 on it...
then why would i get the HTC for $100-200 more.
Thanks a lot!

awesome choice...I would have gotten that exact phone but I fight with my boss everyday to not make me get one because I like to leave work...AT WORK!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back