HTC MTeoR

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political Access
I am now really starting to hate my Nokia 8800 as the battery lasts for around 2 hours when in use, so am now looking at a Windows Smartphone, anyone have any feedback on this particular one?

http://www.europe.htc.com/products/htcmteor.html

Looks pretty good and touchscreen and a keyboard are two features I don't really look for in a mobile phone.

Attachments

• b138054.jpg
    b138054.jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 114
I've read very good things about the MTeoR. HTC has been delivering some really high quality products of late and I think it is only a matter of time before HTC and Microsoft over take the market.

The nice thing about buying direct from HTC is that you don't get all the carrier specific software in the ROM, an option that US customers don't really have.

Cool, my particular carrier doesn't sell this one on their webpage so gonna have to have a think about how to get one.

I know someone running the HTC TiTaN on Cingular. He bought it from eBay. Only downside is that his phone doesn't have some of the Cingular specific functions that my 8525 has.

Well having no experience with smartphones I wouldn't know what I was missing anyway, thats a good thing right?

EP, Smartphones generally do NOT have a touch screen. The fact that this device does makes it even better.

Does your carrier support Exchange Push?

Looks pretty good. If you prefer the smartphone form-factor, it's probably one of the best ones out at the moment, and is also 3G-ready.

I'm really digging the ASUS Pegasus too. It's not out yet, and the full specs haven't been revealed, but it looks sweet! :D

30983_01_pegasus_01.jpg
30983_02_pegasus_02.jpg

A totally environment-friendly product to reflect the company’s respect for a green planet. Pegasus is a super-slim (15.4 mm) PDA phone that incorporates a PDA, a phone and a GPS navigation system in perfect union. The numeric keypad is handy for its phoning functions; a jog dial enhances the interface operation; single-handed control perfectly unites a phone with a PDA. The camera body is finished with brushed aluminum and diamond-cut edges to accentuate superior taste and a feeling of luxury.
http://webserver.ifdesign.de/beitrag_details.php?offset=0&sprache=1&award_id=121&beitrag_id=30983

The nice thing about buying direct from HTC is that you don't get all the carrier specific software in the ROM, an option that US customers don't really have.
You can buy unlocked, vanilla HTC devices from a few online stores here in the U.S. as well. It's much more expensive compared to getting one through a carrier contract, of course, but it's possible.

Here's the HTC TyTN on Amazon, for example:
http://www.amazon.com/HTC-TyTN-Silver-Smartphone-Unlocked/dp/B000KEMVQM

Besides, all the carrier-specific stuff is just part of the extended ROM, and you can prevent that from getting installed if you soft-reset the device right after the initial setup (screen calibration etc.) :)

It doesn't have a touch screen, but then thats not a feature I am seeking... would be moving to one with a compartmentalised keyboard and I really don't want that either :)

Besides, all the carrier-specific stuff is just part of the extended ROM, and you can prevent that from getting installed if you soft-reset the device right after the initial setup (screen calibration etc.) :)

Good tip. I will have to keep that in mind for next time.

I need money.

Really I do.

Pay off credit card.

Buy new cell phone (after buying some food :p)

Good tip. I will have to keep that in mind for next time.
Just remember that the ExtROM includes almost all of the carrier-specific stuff, not just the bloat, so you'll also have to manually configure all your data connection, SMS/MMS settings, etc. Then again, if you need anything that's in the ExtROM, there are also ways to un-hide it so you can selectively install only what you need.

It's probably worth it in the end though since you'll end up with a leaner, faster device that's customized just for you. I'm planning to do that the next time I hard-reset my device. I didn't want to do it right after I got it, and I haven't ever done a hard-reset since then.

Well after not finding one in London --

"do you have any phones by htc?"
"er heat transfer coefficient?"
"right, bye"

-- I ordered one from Expansys today, so will hopefully be here tomorrow.

Apparently Bink has one and the battery is not so hot, but it has to be better than the 8800!

A friend of mine has just got an O2 XDA Orbit which is the HTC Artemis with GPS built in. Looks like a nice little machine.

Arrived today, has already confused me and I want to curl up into a ball and go back to my simpleton Nokia.

EP confused? Huh? There's a thought.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back