HP x-fi sound card?

It appears to be an OEM part for HP computers. Otherwise there is no difference.

OEM - No manual, no support, no cables, probably no CD or a CD that may only install into an HP machine, no or minimal warantee.

Or it could be the identical card as the retail SB x-fi with an HP sticker glued on over the SB sticker. Only way to know for sure is to buy one and try it. For $55 it is tempting but be prepared to get a card that is not useable.

If you buy it post back and let us all know how it goes!

These cards can come from multiple sources:
-HP messed up and ordered too many and is now surplussing them.
-The manufacturer guessed wrong, made too many and HP doesn't want them.
-There is something wrong with them and HP quality control rejected the lot.
-An HP reseller went broke and they were sold at auction.
-A truck load was stolen and they are being fenced through ebay.

Well I bought a real X-FI instead, so I guess we will never know.
I just wanted to know if some people knew more info on these cards.

If its to cheap to be real.. then its most likely "cheap"

In the past, HP Creative cards were genuine and used generic SB drivers. But you're right, you'll almost certainly not get a driver disc. Easy solution, find a HP model that uses the card and download the driver from the support site.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back