hp 522n pavillion driver?????

• Thread starter mazspeed@redshi
  • Start date
M

mazspeed@redshi

I cannot find this driver for the life of me. This POS hp doesn't even have it on it's site. I have tried driver sites but other then these stupid sign ups there is no driver that I can find for this damn thing.. Any help would be appreciated. I'm about to toss this thing in the creek

Thanks in advance all
Cheers
Mike

this is off the HP site... Look a little harder for an answer next time, that was a long 45 seconds out my life there :p

nVidia's Web Site. Most of the video drivers that come with HP Pavilions are made by nVidia. nVidia's site offers a driver solution that is easily upgradeable across most or all of the nVidia video technologies. Some of the video technologies that HP uses are: Vanta, TNT, TNT2, TNT2 Pro 16 and 32, GeForce, and GeForce 2.

Click here to go to HP Video support.

G.

Ahh guys.. Both of those I have been though, and none of those if you look carefully have VIDEO drivers. HP doesn't support this computer as far as video drivers go.

Cheers
Mike

Ok.. I was able to figure it out. What you have to do with machines like this after you reformat and delete there partition and start from scratch. You have to find out the chipset because HP's customer care won't know what the video card and or driver because it's on board. You have to find the "chipset" from either hp or going through your BIOS. Then you have to go to your chipset makers website, in this case it was intel. There chipset for this machine was "Intel 845GL" after going there you have to go though the letters on intels website to finally get to this chipsets drivers. Install and reboot. What a huge pain in the ass this was to find this, but if you have an HP and lose all your info, do what I did here..

Cheers
Mike

Glad you got it sorted.

Just curious - any reason you did no use the HP PC Recovery System?

There is a "non-destructive"(does no reformat) and a"destructive" (reformats) option.

Well funny you should ask. The HP Pavillion doesn't come with that disk, you have to order it from HP at there cost. I reformated the entire hard drive thinking that you can just download drivers from there site. Everything that comes with hp's software pack is installed on the computer in that partition, it comes with no disks. Very strange and very stupid of hp.

Cheers
Mike

Might want to look here

I am aware of the $hitty way HP does their "hidden partition" and also sells recovery cd's rather than suppling them!

I own an HP 750n and have learned to hate the fact that I do not have an "XP cd" to just pop in and do everything like folks on here are always talking about!

Luckily (knock on wood) I have never had to try to recover the system - should be interesting when I need to - but in the mean time I am trying to get as much info on the ins and outs of the HP recovery system as I can from others who have tried or not tried to use it!

Now you can understand my curiosity!;)

I did see that link too, but I didn't read it due to the fact that at 3:00pm in the morning I was looking for download links...lol. This is why I would never buy a computer and I build them up from scratch with certain motherboards and processers and my own software. Last time I owned a proprietary computer it was a Compaq and it just came out at 200 P1 Processor. It came with all the disks and no hidden partitions. That's what threw me. At least I know better now. On my nephew's computer I just did what I would do when custom making a system, I used xp pro and the chipset drivers and now it works 10x better then it did before, much faster and none of that crappy hp software.

Cheers
Mike

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back