howto? - Backup ViceCity cds

lieb39

Apple lover, PC User
I just brought Vice City for the PC, and I was wondering if I can backup my cd's and than play with my backed up cds. I want to do this so that I don't damage my orginal cd's. What software will allow me to make an iso of both disc and than allow me to burn it? Does the Vicecity cds have an special software that I need to get around to play with backup cds?

Thanks,

lieb39.

F.Y.I. - This is for personal use only, I only want to make a backup cd. This is legal.

you dont have to do anything special. Just put the cd in and use nero to duplicate it. if your really woried about the copy not working then you can try Alcohol120% but it will work either way.

Ya? Vice city doesn't have copy protection software preventing me from copying the cd? Will CloneCD do that job?

Okay, and how would I work around that?

Thanks,

lieb39

Why are people so worried about damaging a CD? How many have you ever damaged in your life? Me... none. If you are that worried then get a No-CD crack. I have to wonder that even if you MAY be using this for yourself and it MAY be "legal" does it adhere to the policies of the forum? Finding a way around copywrite protection is not truely legal and therefore should probably not even be discussed on the forum? Am I wrong?

well u can do anything u want if u have the original, except redistrubute copies of it. so bypassing any protection or anything in the game is up to u, u bought the rights, no one can %$&^ with u!

Originally posted by lieb39
Okay, and how would I work around that?

Thanks,

lieb39

the work around for secure rom is to put the burned copy into somthing other then a CDRW drive all secure rom does is detect if the CD is a CDR or not and the only way it can do that is if you put it in a CDRW

Yes.. you can basically do anything you want with them... but what he is asking (be it legal in his case, or not) is cracking a copywrite and copying a game. This is not allowed here... Right?

Actually, CloneCD won't work perfectly with this new SecureRom. Under Alcohol 120%, enable DPMS with precision set to "high", and read speed to 1x The total image-dumping process shouldn't take more than 15 minutes, even at 1x.

SecureRom takes the data track in a cd and alters the angle at which the spiral moves outward. Normally, burning programs can't reproduce this phenomenon, but in Alcohol, DPMS measures the odd distance and reproduces it on the CD. This gives you a copy that SecureRom finds indistinguishable from the original (at least THIS version of SecureRom).:eek:

Originally posted by Un4gIvEn1
Why are people so worried about damaging a CD? How many have you ever damaged in your life? Me... none. If you are that worried then get a No-CD crack. I have to wonder that even if you MAY be using this for yourself and it MAY be "legal" does it adhere to the policies of the forum? Finding a way around copywrite protection is not truely legal and therefore should probably not even be discussed on the forum? Am I wrong?

I have actually My disk 2 of UT2K3 doesn't work anymore good thing I had the ISO's on my server now isn't it?

and the question was posed in a legit way he didn't ask how to make a back up for his friend he asked how to make a back up for his own use (which is very legal) now he could be lying through his teeth which we will never know because its not like any of us know where this person lives and are gonna bust his door down to check if hes burning cd's for friends.

and the question was posed in a legit way

Oh, so if I ask how to crack the admin password on 2000 or XP and I have a legitimate reason, that makes it alright? NO! You will find that every thread that it has been asked in has been closed, as should this one. Legitimate cracking... no such thing!

thats a different issue. the password didnt come set with the program, someone put it in, and thats invasion of privacy! Ooooooooooooooooooooo, u just got shot down AGAIN! hahahaha!

shot down? Don't know how you came up with that....

Cracking a copywrite is not legal. Let me repeat that... CRACKING A COPYWRITE IS NOT LEGAL! Get it? Not many companies are going to come after you for doing it if you legitmately own thier programs, but none the less, it is illegal.

edit: or the software in place to protect the copywritten material.

no they cant come after u, u idiot becuase ure not giving it out! on the other hand which goes with what u say, is that it is usually used to spread piracy thats why that parts iligeal, thats why crack sites exist. shut up and go read a law book!

I'm sure a mod will come along soon.

by the way microsoft and other major companies cant come into your house to see if u have legit software, however they can go to companies. learn ur facts before u speak

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back